Platte Canyon Christmas
grande man

Platte Canyon Christmas

A Rio Grande freight waits on snowy rails for a clear signal as a backyard Christmas party deteriorates into a snowball fight.

Uh Santa, has Mrs Claus met the two "new hires" yet?
Thanks Johnny. I had fun making the diorama and taking the pic and am glad you enjoyed viewing it. Merry Christmas!

I love those Preiser Figures, they're on my list for buying, so I have them next Christmas.

Hey Josh. The Preiser Santa has been at our LHS since last Christmas. They got the "helpers" in recently and I had to have the set. The kids/snowman are Woodland Scenics.

I like the Helpers too..
Josh, don't place them on a mirror!!!( to immitate a small pond?)=))

Jos, So far everyone seems to like the helpers, lol.

Kevin, Thanks for the kind comments.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Very natural looking!!....great footprint work and the wisp of snow on the rear window of the 55 chevy (?)....Looks very real! Thats about how much snow we had here in Pa last Friday!.... :)

Thanks Trucula. The footprints were a requirement. When I got the figures placed, I noticed right away that they were needed and added them with an Atlas unpainted figure I had nearby.

The whole diarama, including backdrop, hardshell and track weathering only took about 1 1/2 hours to complete. The pics were made before the plaster was dry, lol. It was a fun project.

I think I was shortchanged growing up. I never saw any Santa helpers that looked like that. A really nice scene.
Tom

Media information

Category
Holidays and Christmas Layouts
Added by
grande man
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media