Natural weathered
mikeknuckey

Natural weathered

I guess thats a good example to see how to represent stain (oxid)
Hi Mike,
Thanks for posting these shots, the main shot of whatever type of NG car it was is rather interesting, not only from the weathering aspect but it also shows that the break staff extended above the roof as many did even though they had a platform to stand on too? I put the question mark there as it doesn't seem likely a guy would stand of the platform to turn the break staff to set the breaks. Yet the height of what normally would be a break wheel above the roof seems quite low and the BW is replaced by a crank handle which is bent also due to not being hardened steal. The other interesting thing about the short or low height of the break staff and handle is that a guy would have to squat to use it rather than standing and bending over a bit maybe. Many other cars had much taller break staffs and all I've seen had BW's on them but that's what makes this car interesting!

The other interesting thing about this cars end are the two vertical 'L' shaped brackets
on either side of the coupler and roof walk. These seem to indicate that an inspection door slide up and down in them like a stock car might have yet any opening is completely sealed over?

Looking down the side of the car it appears to have windows added and possibly even steps as though maybe it was a camp car?

Hi Mike,
Thanks for posting these shots, the main shot of whatever type of NG car it was is rather interesting, not only from the weathering aspect but it also shows that the break staff extended above the roof as many did even though they had a platform to stand on too? I put the question mark there as it doesn't seem likely a guy would stand of the platform to turn the break staff to set the breaks. Yet the height of what normally would be a break wheel above the roof seems quite low and the BW is replaced by a crank handle which is bent also due to not being hardened steal. The other interesting thing about the short or low height of the break staff and handle is that a guy would have to squat to use it rather than standing and bending over a bit maybe. Many other cars had much taller break staffs and all I've seen had BW's on them but that's what makes this car interesting!

The other interesting thing about this cars end are the two vertical 'L' shaped brackets
on either side of the coupler and roof walk. These seem to indicate that an inspection door slide up and down in them like a stock car might have yet any opening is completely sealed over?

Looking down the side of the car it appears to have windows added and possibly even steps as though maybe it was a camp car?

Hi Mike,

Media information

Category
Locomotives and Rolling Stock - Prototype Photos
Added by
mikeknuckey
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back