August Ice
rhoward

August Ice

The engineer of SLOW Decapod #279 awaits the order to move the last 3 reefers of ice from Cooley's Blue ice in August of 1925. These will soon be in a freight bound for the City of Rochester.

The ice house, the ice lift, horse shed, and fence are all scratch built right down to individual shingles on the roof of the horse shed. (Obviously the smoke and the steam were added with Photoshop!)
Hi Ron, interesting shot, I like the hill side with all the trees and the overall effect of this shot. I'm not sure but it seems that you might be having somewhat the same problem I am maintaining sharp focus along with DOF. Shooting model shots is more involved than it looks. I was disapointed in the shot I took of the elevated Switchmans shanty with the Railbus back end and Shay's water tank, no where as sharp as I wanted!

Was your shot taken hand-held

Actually the photo was taken at f/32 using a tripod. I can see what you are saying here but I think something happened to the photo compressing it to be put up here. the original is crystal clear. Hmmmm? (It's Ray BTW Ron is the rich kid.)

Smoke was hand painted (digitally) using several different sizes of brush and 3 or 4 varying shades of gray. All work from the creation of the scene (including two scratch built structures) to the photo and added effects was done by myself.

Media information

Category
Mountains and Rural Areas
Added by
rhoward
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back