P

Model Railroading Tips: HO Scale Trackwork (for beginners)

Looking for something to do during the pandemic? Looking to get into the hobby? Join us for our first How To Model Railroad Tips! More to come soon! Don't fo...
M
1:24 Why did you not blow or vacuum away the debris you just sanded off ? I'm not a beginner at all. But if I were I'd sure have a tough time understanding you. You're kind of mumbling instead of speaking up, looking at the camera, and saying: OK guys ! The first thing you'll want to do when laying track is to always.........." etc. Here I'll explain why I will be using the.........,etc.
You're not explaining the reason for such and such; just sort of doing things with little clarity..
Also, code 100 track if blown up to 1:1 scale size would be about 14" tall and thus out of scale.. The heaviest rail today is 152 lb (+-) and stands about 9" tall..Thus c100 measures out to about 5" too tall if, IF one is going after total realism..6:33 You've got the wrong side of the Rail Nippers facing the good track. The flat side of the jaws goes up against the good rail. The concave side of jaws faces the bad rail...That's why it's not cut perfect at 8:22...M

M
1:24 Why did you not blow or vacuum away the debris you just sanded off ? I'm not a beginner at all. But if I were I'd sure have a tough time understanding you. You're kind of mumbling instead of speaking up, looking at the camera, and saying: OK guys ! The first thing you'll want to do when laying track is to always.........." etc. Here I'll explain why I will be using the.........,etc.
You're not explaining the reason for such and such; just sort of doing things with little clarity..
Also, code 100 track if blown up to 1:1 scale size would be about 14" tall and thus out of scale.. The heaviest rail today is 152 lb (+-) and stands about 9" tall..Thus c100 measures out to about 5" too tall if, IF one is going after total realism..6:33 You've got the wrong side of the Rail Nippers facing the good track. The flat side of the jaws goes up against the good rail. The concave side of jaws faces the bad rail...That's why it's not cut perfect at 8:22...M

Media information

Category
Track Planning and Design
Added by
Pro Rail Productions
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back