9101-2.jpg
C

9101-2.jpg

You could use a wye track configuration somewhere/anywhere..
Otherwise you can not change the direction of travel of any train..
So, unless you don't care about that, I'd:
remove the LH switch at the very top of pic and install it instead, back to back with the RH switch on the very bottom. Then take the switch 2nd from the top and install it between the inner loop right side bottom curve track and the LH you previously installed..
Then, if you enter the inner loop running clockwise say, when you get train/caboose fully past the new bottom inner switch, you stop, throw IT plus main line switch to line up with train, where you then back the train through both TOs, re-line main line switch and travel forward, now running counterclockwise.
But:
You will need to obtain (assuming you're DCC) a $40-ish 'auto reverse' unit due to polarity/phasing flip when employing any wye, turntable, or balloon track, on any layout. It can be done in analog DC control as well / just trickier to set up using mechanical toggle switches and block control])...
The 2 switches at the top are thus no longer there but instead all 4 switches now sit at the bottom..
This plan is very difficult to include any yard trackage other than a spur here or there, perhaps splitting into 2 tracks for an engine house or stub end station, say....

Hey, it's a start..Enjoy it 'til you may no longer. Then you simply do another, better one. 🏭🛤️☀️

You 'liked' my post.. So, what do you think of my suggestion ? Do you understand it and are considering doing that, at all ? + What scale are you: HO, N, O, what ? + Are you DCC, DC, or, AC control ?
What's your reason for posting the plan ? Was it not entered for comments/suggestions ? 🛤️🌵☀️

Sorry for the delay. Better late than never. Many thanks for your answers. It's H0 scale and DC controllers. Finally I keep my plan as I drew it. You can follow all my poor work right here: The New Longvallon RR

Media information

Category
Track Planning and Design
Added by
Christiaη
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename