Poley's HO layout photos

49fordv8f4

Here are a few photos of my small layout. I have posted photos of several of the buildings, so I thought that I would give you'all an idea of where they are on the layout. The layout is 4'-3" x 8'-3" right now, but I want to add about a foot to the end with the controller to give more room for the house I built as a copy of my wife's Great Grandparents and to give me room to add a barn close to the house. I will scratchbuild a copy of my wife's Grandfather's barn to add there. The church is a scratchbuilt copy of a church about a mile from my house. The feed store/ John Deere tractor dealer is scratchbuilt also. The passenger/freight depot is a Woodland Scenics kit. The layout is based about 1950. My Grandfather was a fireman for Frisco. I have an undecorated Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0 that I will decorate for the Frisco and use the number 1247 as that is one of the 2-8-0s that my Grandfather was on. The Thomas set is for my grandchildren to run around the track. Thank you!
Layout 1.JPG
Layout 2.JPG
Layout 3.JPG
Layout 4.JPG
Layout 5.JPG
Layout 6.JPG
Layout 7.JPG
Layout 8.JPG
Layout 9.JPG
Layout 11.JPG

I like the curved trestle. I have been reading the MR book Bridges & Trestles lately and it seems I zoom in and focus on these when viewing other layouts. The elevated road behind the feed store is a nice touch also. Keeps the layout scenery interesting than just a flat piece of real estate.

I like the curved trestle. I have been reading the MR book Bridges & Trestles lately and it seems I zoom in and focus on these when viewing other layouts. The elevated road behind the feed store is a nice touch also. Keeps the layout scenery interesting than just a flat piece of real estate.
Thank You! The curved trestle is a Walthers straight trestle kit. I took a saw and cut between the ties on the top until I was able to curve it to match the track curve I had planned. When I started, I wanted a track plan that would allow for some elevated terrain so, I didn't have just a couple of loops on a flat board. I live in a hilly area and I want to copy our terrain. Thanks again.

No answer but I had a look at my profile, and one of the ‘topics’ is signature and when you select signature it has a discussion box, no I know as this part was pointed out you use the chain icon- next to the photo icon and add the url, now I’ll go see how to work out how to grab the url, lol the things I do to get the content I want lol

Lol it did, ok so
1st go to our Profile
2nd go to your signature
3rd press the chain icon next to the photo icon
then go to where you want to grab the link and open the file and go to the top, I went to the top of here cos I was lazy
then scroll up to the top of the screen and hopefully (i use an iPad) you can find an icon with a box with an arrow coming out of the top
It should give a drop down selection select COPY
now go back to the signature and the chain icon and in that discussion box click ‘ or right click until you get the PASTE o;tion and paste - FYI I;ad is a pain and a,ways steals the last work so copy then replace the missing word
save and then go post and see if it worked
now I am about to go delete the link to your work and replace with a link to mine
…….hope this is clearer than mud!

Back