Weekly photo fun thread

kjd

Go make something!
They seem to run all week now so how taking Trucula's suggestion and just start on Wednesday and go from there 'til Tuesday. I'll start with one I took last night in my driveway.
nighttrain.jpg

It is two exposures, one of the train and one of the moon put together in Photoshop. That is where the moon was but the camera couldn't expose correctly for both subjects at the same time.

Sounds good, but Wed? Why not just stick with Friday, and make it last until Thursday? Thats what it does now...

Mhmmm, so we'll stick to closing the thread on Thursday, and start new on Friday, as always, just title it weekly, not weekend. Less confusion that way.

I have an Athearn Blue Box F7 that I converted to DCC. It's actually very quiet for an Athearn. Here's two video clips. The first of of the Athearn doing a run-by and the second is of a Proto 2000 E7 doing a run-by. Judge the noise for yourself.

th_Mpg_0001-1.jpg

th_Mpg_0002.jpg

Sounds good, but Wed? Why not just stick with Friday, and make it last until Thursday? Thats what it does now...

That makes sense, so since I messed it up for this week it could be a little longer this week then someone else can get it right the following Friday. I thought Wednesday because "....there's nothing good on TV. Tuesday we visit your mother but Wednesday is the night ....." . - A "folk parody" band from Austrailia.

Okay, I'll come out to play. :)

I had many favourable comments over my J1 emerging from the natural portal a couple of weeks back, so I thought I'd take this image from one of the stone portals on my layout. I hope you like it.

IMG_1008cr.JPG

In the shed

Got loads done this week :)

The bench work down the left is now in, it took awhile to get the cut out for the up coming gradiant sorted out, I managed to get the gradiant a little shallower for the visible section as the track comes out from under the upper level.
The TMD layout has also taken position after migrating from the conservatory.

S7001888.jpg

S7001891.jpg

S7001892.jpg

In this last picture you can just see the new set of points infront of the 57 which will spur off and drop down the back to the main level over the traverser.

Here is a video that gives a better feel for space (or lack of it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn6DNN_IVEI

John
RJR

Okay, I'll be the lone dissenter. I think of WPF as a special time of week where people trot out their achievements. I gives me incentive to get things done so I can post them on WPF.

If it is all the time, it makes it too common. There is nothing to look forward to.

Okay, I'll be the lone dissenter. I think of WPF as a special time of week where people trot out their achievements. I gives me incentive to get things done so I can post them on WPF.

If it is all the time, it makes it too common. There is nothing to look forward to.

I tend to agree Chip. Keeping the thread going constantly does tend to water it down a bit. Since there are a few people who have been keeping the weekend going well into the following week, I think that many have just decided to do it that way. Personally, I'd rather see a WEEKEND Photo Fun that just goes on through the weekend (well maybe until Monday). If you absolutely need to post photos during the week start a new thread called WEEKDAY or MIDWEEK Photo fun, or maybe a "Hey look what I did thread" featuring your work.

Just my 2¢.

I agree with Ray and Chip on this. I just figured I was the lone wolf that's why I suggested to calling it weekly photo fun since a couple guys likes to post pictures all through out the week.

I could care less myself, I usually post on Saturdays & Sundays no matter what. Anyways, anything new guys? I finally got my last 2 oil tanks in, no more worries there. Now to start buying other things.

I agree, leave the photo fun for the weekends. They help to make the weekends all the more special. I'm sure people could refrain from posting their pics during the week, so they could save them up for the weekend thread.

Yeah I like the idea of keeping the Weekend Photo Fun - I always look forward to seeing what people have to offer over the weekends! If someone has a really big project to show off during the week or whenever, they can start a new thread.

I also agree...keep the weekend the weekend photo. Others need to post there own progress threads etc....

*Cough, Jeffrey, Cough* Just kidding. Your pictures come out really nice. Your layouts scenery is jaw dropping. Tho with Josh and the gang I say it should stay WEEKEND Photo Fun.

Back