Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Started out at 51F today and currently 63F. MOH is at her quilting/sewing convention which runs to the EOB Saturday. This means I'm the designated chef until Sunday. :( In the train room I cleaned the TT approach tracks, the diesel storage and fueling tracks, and 7 exterior RH tracks. Along with that I cleaned 5 MOW car wheelsets, and 10 locomotive's wheels. Tomorrow, I hope to finish the engine area but that might not happen since Dad has a VA appointment midday.

Karl- Great videos. I loved them.

Troy- Best wishes on your book sales. At least Julius Caeser was surrounded by friends at the end.:D

Willie- Very nice weathering.

Sherrel- Happy Anniversary.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Joe - Regarding the stock market, I have moved some things around a bit, but I remain committed at this point. Will I ever make up the $40K that I lost last year, probably not but it was all paper gains from 2016-2020, (made much more than I lost). Prior to last week, I had made back $10K this year but lost much of it. I am actually still very slightly ahead for the year.
Willie - I just looked at my stocks - I was right, :(:rolleyes:, yesterday, was all about covering shorts. The new bear market has taken on a life of it's own.
Made money in 2022, and right now I'm about where I was on New Years, down about 6k. I'm not worried, just annoyed. This game requires patience. Meanwhile, gas prices are increasing again.

Afternoon all,

Been busy fixing some other "minor" stuff with our new email system. While most of it is small fixes, some are still taking up a lot of time, like granting view access to the conference rooms, for something other than "Free or Busy". Most want to know who has booked the room.

Terry: As I was catching up, I saw your Windows 10 and Firefox issues and was going to respond with doing exactly what you did. Windows Defender (firewall, etc.) has gotten a lot more aggressive, but so has Apple for the few Macs we have to support.

Finally it's almost going home time. The supervisor was out today (which I figured he would be as I was off yesterday), so we've been busy.

Have a good evening all.

Aannnd Amazon misdelivered a package to me today in addition to the one they didn't deliver at all. I made a phone call to Amazon about this, and directed the person on the phone to read my complete address and delivery instructions carefully and asked him if he could deliver a package to my location using the info provided. I got a refund of a month's Prime fees, and an apology.
My neighbor delivered the misdirected package to me a few minutes ago. Still waiting until tomorrow for the "guaranteed before 9 am" package that didn't show up.

The date reminded me that tomorrow marks the 32nd year of "togetherness" for the Spousal Unit and myself.
Congrats to your wife, for putting up with your butt! 🍾 a toast to her!!;)
It appears Microsoft is doing absolutely everything it possibly can to prevent me from using any other browser, except theirs.
🪛 Microsoft: I can't stand Bing, and I really do not appreciate how Edge tries to invade everything I do. Sorry but I prefer the Google world. Thank goodness GM (or is it gm) prefers Google over Edge for all our online training and Technical assistance work.

Terry, have you ever considered a neon address sign??

26 years ago I had the back yard all fenced in and then installed a dog door. Now I tell both of them to get out raining or not and outside they go.
Swal
GEORGE - First of all, Blessings to all on your wife's back problems. I am sorry to here about that.
Now - the pups! We have 3 - the oldest and largest a 55 pound medium sized dog going on 18 years this year. The other two are 20 lb "poodle-mix" that I call drivebys - one from the rescue, one from being found on the side of the road. We have always had a dog door and virtually no problems before the rain started this year. The old girl is starting to lose it and sleeps about 95% of the time; if she is upstairs with me ans has to go ... she just sometimes cannot make it all the way there.
I'm going to say that the absence of rainfall around here over the past few years has not helped and when she happens to go - then the other two think that it is OK for them as well - not always, but sometimes. Wife and I both realize that her days are probably coming to a close, but we both will not look forward to it. I keep hoping that she just won't wake up one morning, but I am afraid that "we" will be forced to take proactive management. I have done it several times - it just does not become any more easy with time.

TOM, CURT, and all ... Thanks for the congrats wishes! They are appreciated!

Terry, have you ever considered a neon address sign??
If they can't see a 40' long tan fifth wheel with the name spelled out in three foot tall letters on the front of it, sitting under street light, next to a brightly lit swimming pool, under a 500' tall cell tower, what makes you think they'll see a neon sign? I'm pretty sure these are the same yahoos that can't see a bright orange school bus with its lights going, or an ambulance with lights and siren...

Good evening. 45°, clear and still very windy. The wind was supposed to let up this morning, but....they were wrong again.

No walk today, the wind was too much, and the ground was too wet. Did manage 0.4 mi shopping at BJ's. Tomorrow should be a great walking day.

Today was our bi-weekly recycle pick-up day. Most of the recycles ended up in down wind yards, (along with some containers), due to the gusts. I didn't put any out, as we don't generate much, (except card board). Once per month is plenty.

1678920836246.png

Washout on the Conrail Hightstown Industrial near Cranbury Half Acre Road, in Monroe, NJ. It's a washout, that revealed some of the original roadbed and stone sleepers, (ties), from the original Camden & Amboy Rail Road dating to the 1840s. This portion of the branch, which was at one time the "Main" track from South Amboy to Camden, is out of service.

Good evening, all,

It was pretty nice day out there. got really close to 50 degrees but was a touch windy.

I decided to do some Brats on the grill to kick off Spring, even though for us in Illinois there is still some winter out there yet!

Did some more weathering practice with powders after Dinner, (photos in rolling stock thread).

Have a safe evening all.

Good afternoon from Kapalua, Hawaii where we play to end the 4 days of golf tomorrow. This resort is plush and we will be seeing in a couple hours how good the food is. The 40 players and our plus 1’s, are celebrating my brothers staff that organized this week. They have done a great job led by the brother’s girlfriend.

One of the guys had to drop out today for a last second business meeting he couldn’t avoid. So they moved his playing partner to my brother and because I am not doing any of the personal betting I played in a 3some but my score didn’t count for any team score or bets. That‘s fine by me as all I concern myself with is low score for each hole and closet to the pin holes. 5 carry over holes tomorrow to start off. This actually is in the tournament rules. I found out today that these outings are scheduled for this year and next. Terry has the dates and locations. 20 teams of 2. or 40 golfers is the limit for each tournament except for the year ending tournament in October. There it’s any team that played that year can enter. It’s been fun. The brother’s g/f is organizing all 16 of them. She has gotten pretty strong since her cancer remission after Xmas.

Talked to Terry this morning about the investments and she laughed. Said we are down pretty deep right now. Better we wait it out. When I brought up the T-Bills she said not while inflation is high. It is hilarious that the party whose President undid so many of the banking oversight rules wants government help for the couple banks that collapsed. But when one of the lady Senators in the other party said let‘s put those oversight rules back was told no, not enough support. Yep, they have our best interests at stake.

After digging out of snow the last 3 days.... I have had it....Spring I am ready to fish!

I ordered a Bimini top for my boat...I should have it by this weekend.

Here is what it is supposed to look like....I got this because I didn't want my lady to not have some sun relief or rain relief. So I can pop this up when needed and lay it down and slide it back out of the way. As my boat has a versa track system on the gunwales. The one I ordered is 8 foot front to back and 6 feet tall above the gunwale. The gunwales are 22 inches so that will work well.

s-l1600 (5).jpgs-l1600 (4).jpgs-l1600 (3).jpgs-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600.jpg

My boat the "Grizz" the ultimate fishing machine that can handle big waters on Lake Champlain and in the Gulf of Mexico as well as the Hudson River and I can get in the skinny of 8 inches of water because I have a hydraulic jackplate with a modified v hull.

20210830_223703xxx.jpg
20190623_071543.jpg20190623_071543e.jpg20190921_145235.jpg

After digging out of snow the last 3 days.... I have had it....Spring I am ready to fish!

I ordered a Bimini top for my boat...I should have it by this weekend.

Here is what it is supposed to look like....I got this because I didn't want my lady to not have some sun relief or rain relief. So I can pop this up when needed and lay it down and slide it back out of the way. As my boat has a versa track system on the gunwales. The one I ordered is 8 foot front to back and 6 feet tall above the gunwale. The gunwales are 22 inches so that will work well.

View attachment 164460View attachment 164461View attachment 164462View attachment 164463View attachment 164464View attachment 164465

My boat the "Grizz" the ultimate fishing machine that can handle big waters on Lake Champlain and in the Gulf of Mexico as well as the Hudson River and I can get in the skinny of 8 inches of water because I have a hydraulic jackplate with a modified v hull.

View attachment 164466
View attachment 164467View attachment 164468View attachment 164469
Very nice rigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back