Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't touch crypto. I mean how can one invest in something with no physical assets, no inventory, no employees and no real customers???
Since this is my first T-bill investment, I haven't followed up on the rate that I locked into yet. I did go the maximum allowed for a 6 month though. I need to understand them a bit more before investing more.
Crypto is poison. It's a method for criminals to launder money, and schemers to part their victims from their money...but because it is digital, it qualifies as tech...Now it has caused the failure of at least three regional banks, and several crypto firms. In my opinion, it is a threat to national security, and should be banned.

T Bills, like all bonds, are valued by rate...the higher the interest rate, the lower the price of the bond. I have had bond mutual funds, but never bonds themselves. Too much I don't know about trading them. Stocks I understand...options, derivatives, commodities, not so well. Sherrel is the Options Expert.

We found out my wife has a fractured disk in her back. Their going to insert a balloon in the disk, pump the balloon up until the disk is back to it's normal position and then pump cement in. I guess that's her only option?
Swal
George: Wife says that it sounds like a fusion...which would make it similar to what was proposed for my spine. I have 3 "bulged" in my Lumbar region, and 3 more bulged in my neck (Cervical Region). Needless to say, I'm considering alternatives, but I know a few people who have had the procedure. Those who did physical therapy after resumed normal activity.

George: Wife says that it sounds like a fusion...which would make it similar to what was proposed for my spine. I have 3 "bulged" in my Lumbar region, and 3 more bulged in my neck (Cervical Region). Needless to say, I'm considering alternatives, but I know a few people who have had the procedure. Those who did physical therapy after resumed normal activity.
Boris I think she's having this done.

Putting a balloon in a fractured vertebrae during the first two, three or even four weeks is very important because you can create a void where you can place a balloon in. You can raise the vertebra, end plates apart, and square it off sufficiently, creating the void, removing the balloon, and then placing cement in as a “grout” to support it.

Swal

Putting a balloon in a fractured vertebrae during the first two, three or even four weeks is very important because you can create a void where you can place a balloon in. You can raise the vertebra, end plates apart, and square it off sufficiently, creating the void, removing the balloon, and then placing cement in as a “grout” to support it.

Swal
Eghads! Sounds like a bad episode of Home Improvement!

I hope it works!

Swal
Hope it is successful...The worst possible thing is to do nothing...

I have to do more research, it will be a while before I can consult as I'm still recovering from heart surgery...Things get complicated as we get older.

Good evening. 33°, still snowing. Snow is expected to end around 2300.High wind warning comes down at Midnight. 46° and cloudy tomorrow, so we should get our walk in.

Last look, the Devils lost to Tampa Bay 4-1 :(, Caps were losing to the Rangers 4-3 :(:rolleyes:. Some days are like that...eh?

Did more in the train room today, than I've done in 6 months. Must be feeling better.

Have a good night.

I had a C5-C6 fusion in 2004. After a (long) time, the only real issue is somewhat less lack of range of motion.

Swal
Best wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery after the surgery.

However, I'm confused. Does she have a collapsed disk? Or a fractured vertebrae?

The vertebrae are the bones in the spine. In between them sit a bunch of jelly donut-like soft fluid-filled sacs. Those sacks harden with age, and the lining could fracture or split, causing a herniation where the jelly inside the donut leaks out.

Both types of injury are very painful. Bone repair sounds even worse than pumping the disk back up.

However, I'm confused. Does she have a collapsed disk? Or a fractured vertebrae?
Fractured vertebrae Troy. Digging out the car in case she has to go anywhere. She unable to get in my truck anymore with her back condition. Our garage is full of the stuff that use be in the room where I put the new bathroom. All that stuff is going to the flea market in June.
Swal

Car_Snow_01.jpg

Last edited:
Well, howdy there internet peoples, and those of us with backs, good or sore.

It's Troy again. Happy Ides of March:

335141420_569701818244312_8035488244385870474_n.jpg

2nd full day after finishing the oral steroids for my back issues. Still a bit of tingling in the left leg. And the belt line is still a bit tender in the affected area. Doing all I can to remember that I'm still fighting an injury, and not do any bending or twisting. Definitely need to work on opening up the hips, and flexing the knees.

Weight loss. I was down 9 lbs from when I injured my back. Knowing that I'm in ketosis, I tried adding in a glass of Rye Whisky last evening. Need to do my weigh in when I shower to see if that had an effect.

Goal weight is under 200#. I was at 221.5 yesterday. Just 22 more lbs to get to the target. Then I'll let the wife bring more pasta back into our going out meals.

Today is a soft book launch for a "boxed set" of ebooks in my main series. I was waiting on the funds to pay the narrator to make the sixth book in the series into an audiobook. But audio just is not selling well yet. I jumped into it way too early in my career... So, the 2nd collection of ebooks in one volume is out.

AND I'm running a special on books in the California series at the same time... First one is Free! to get readers hooked on the series. How's that for a bunch of Ides of March shenanigans in my business... I've got too much to promote today.

Spent the morning making promo images for the social media sites. Here's one:
PixieFree-02.png
If this type of book appeals to you, or a family member, you can download the first book free from amazon:

Ok, back to wording some words that pay. ;)

Hmmm...
I've heard about this from other people, but haven't experienced it myself until today.
I have a very old laptop with Windows 10 installed that I use for work-related tasks, such as downloading updates for electronic components in customer's trailers. I reinstalled Windows 10 on it, since it is too old and feeble to run 11. After installation, I opened up the only browser on the system (Edge) and searched for Firefox, which is what I normally use. Well, first the only thing on the search result screen was a series of items telling me there was no need to install Firefox, because Edge was what I really wanted. So, after a couple of tries with the same results, I simply typed in the web address for Firefox. Edge blocked the site as "unsecure". Okay. Fine. I downloaded the Firefox installer on another computer, loaded it onto a flash drive, and tried installing it from the flash drive. Nope. It was blocked as "contains malicious links".
I verified the files came direct from the official site, and tried again. Same result.
I then copied the files from a download folder of another computer onto the flash drive, again with the same result.
It appears Microsoft is doing absolutely everything it possibly can to prevent me from using any other browser, except theirs.
I'm going to continue, and eventually bend this thing to my will. Resistance is futile.

Hmmm...
I've heard about this from other people, but haven't experienced it myself until today.
I have a very old laptop with Windows 10 installed that I use for work-related tasks, such as downloading updates for electronic components in customer's trailers. I reinstalled Windows 10 on it, since it is too old and feeble to run 11. After installation, I opened up the only browser on the system (Edge) and searched for Firefox, which is what I normally use. Well, first the only thing on the search result screen was a series of items telling me there was no need to install Firefox, because Edge was what I really wanted. So, after a couple of tries with the same results, I simply typed in the web address for Firefox. Edge blocked the site as "unsecure". Okay. Fine. I downloaded the Firefox installer on another computer, loaded it onto a flash drive, and tried installing it from the flash drive. Nope. It was blocked as "contains malicious links".
I verified the files came direct from the official site, and tried again. Same result.
I then copied the files from a download folder of another computer onto the flash drive, again with the same result.
It appears Microsoft is doing absolutely everything it possibly can to prevent me from using any other browser, except theirs.
I'm going to continue, and eventually bend this thing to my will. Resistance is futile.
Terry: I have been a Micro$oft hater for *years*. Problem is that I still have to deal with it as the people here still 'just love it'. Don't get me wrong as I do have 2 applications that are not ported to Linux that I use on W10 boxes. I had to hoop jump just to get a Fedora ISO burned on a W10 machine. Guess that happened cuz I was too lazy to go out and fire up a Linux box out in the train cave. No more. Always wondered if Micro$oft muddied the waters when you were trying to do stuff for another machine. Looks like now that is the case.

As to W11 - looks to be all marketing hype. For instance, I currently use Dell Precision Workstations of which Micro$oft says are not compatible with W11. WTF - faster processors with multiple cores and threading; more cache L1 + L2 + L3; at least 24Gig ( PC3 - 12600 ) of memory and usually raid0 arrays with a couple year old video card which makes them pretty speedy. Ya right! XP still is/was the best Micro$oft came up with in my opinion and I have found that users ... use it until the thing catches on fire. Welp, mine actually did; not fire per-say, but smoke out of the motherboard that prompted changes.

Think that Micro$oft is shooting itself in the foot; again.

Also, Firefox is getting bloated. They have added more and more 'protection' stuff over the years of which you can see a pretty big delay from typing in ( or tabbing ) your favorite URL to when the page pops up. Internet speed is NOT involved in my case as my test server is sitting 150Ft from my chair on a 1Gig/second net connection. It also seems to not matter if Linux or Micro$oft based. Chrome is also slowing down although not as much as Firefox. All of the big 3 do this in some regard. They must be 'calling home' for some sort of check and know better than I do. Ah, to have NCSA Mosiac again!

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back