Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick- What does PE stand for?
Professional Engineer. While you don't need the license to do the work, you do need the license to certify and sign off legally on any electrical plans, usually in industrial applications.

Colder day today, high of maybe 40 in a bit. Supposed to warm up again and drop like a rock to the low 40's again by the weekend. I guess what I hate is the time change and not so much DST itself.

Had a couple of smaller derailments in my part of the country, UP had 13 cars derail yesterday morning in McPherson, KS, causing a grass fire and some minor denatured alcohol spillage, And the Saturday before had 18 grain cars derail in a small town to the south of Wichita. Sound like they can happen anywhere.

How stupid do you have to be. Any time a minor wants something that is not right -- especially when they make sure to emphasize they are a minor underage (in chat, outside a liquor store, or anything) -- run away
Absolutely. Several issues here...1. I'm against entrapment for the purpose of raising funds, (fines & costs). 2. The stupidity of those who will circumvent the "laws" to enable under aged drinkers. This group is too dumb to realize what they are doing, and two stupid to know they are walking into a "trap". Some part of me says they deserve their fate for being so dumb.

Good Afternoon All!
40F @ 82% and sunny

Remember me talking about an Athearn CN unit that would only run in one direction? Has a MRC-414 decoder wired in. Don't have any info on the decoder although it looks like Black and Red go to track pickup, with Orange and Gray to motor. So if memory serves, that seems to be OkieDokie. Means that either the bridge ( 4 diodes in the pix ) has lost some of its smoke, or the IC is partially toast. I was not expecting to see a decoder in the thing anywho and I have not verified the problem.

View attachment 164301

Oh, and I took off the insulating tape around the decoder.

Later
I'll refrain from counting the ways the wires in that photo could end in disaster.
MRC decoders are infamous for letting out the factory smoke, especially on the motor drivers.
If you remove the grey and orange wires, and put them on the opposite motor leads, and the engine runs the opposite way from what it did, and still won't run in both directions, you've lost one of the motor drivers.

Good Afternoon All!
40F @ 82% and sunny

Remember me talking about an Athearn CN unit that would only run in one direction? Has a MRC-414 decoder wired in. Don't have any info on the decoder although it looks like Black and Red go to track pickup, with Orange and Gray to motor. So if memory serves, that seems to be OkieDokie. Means that either the bridge ( 4 diodes in the pix ) has lost some of its smoke, or the IC is partially toast. I was not expecting to see a decoder in the thing anywho and I have not verified the problem.

View attachment 164301

Oh, and I took off the insulating tape around the decoder.

Later
Is that a 6, or 12 volt battery on top of the decoder?

Here YOU go LOUIS !
Not the "Birds", but I betcha like anyway!
What a great photo ...
1678738562753.png

Good afternoon from Makena, HawaiI. Played golf for real today along with my brother and 38 other friends of his. I know like 5 of them. 10 foursomes, today and the next 3 days. Yesterday my brother and I played just to check the course and get me comfortable playing in nature and not hitting into a screen. Thank goodness we did. I rarely play new courses very well and I proved it again yesterday with a 96. Shot 79 today, 6 times I 3 putted. I found out why his g/f stayed behind, she organized everything for this 4 day outing. Seems she was a party planner and event coordinator before becoming the trophy g/f. She fits into our family so well but dummy just won’t budge…

The 5 hour time zone changes is getting better but I am having sleep issues. They will pass.

be safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back