Korber Kits

I thought I might flail at a deceased equine and ask if there's any news about the Korber kits ever seeing the light of day again. Last thing I saw was that Entertrainment Junction had taken over the G molds. Has/did anything come of it? Any ideas where they might be now? It's a shame that such nice kits are seemingly going to die in the dark.

I thought I might flail at a deceased equine and ask if there's any news about the Korber kits ever seeing the light of day again. Last thing I saw was that Entertrainment Junction had taken over the G molds. Has/did anything come of it? Any ideas where they might be now? It's a shame that such nice kits are seemingly going to die in the dark.
Sometimes tooling will disappear for decades before resurfacing.

Well! I just discovered something about Korber and their kit making. They kitbashed their own kits. I just got a N.O.S. 576 Aunt Bertha's house and noticed the walls had a strong resemblance to 579 Yardmaster shack. They're the same walls. Korber cut the shack walls from the Bertha walls. They used the station platform roof for the shack roof. You can see the saw marks on the cut sides of the walls. A clever idea. If I can score a couple more Bertha's house kits, I have a kitbash of my own I want to do.

Well! I just discovered something about Korber and their kit making. They kitbashed their own kits. I just got a N.O.S. 576 Aunt Bertha's house and noticed the walls had a strong resemblance to 579 Yardmaster shack. They're the same walls. Korber cut the shack walls from the Bertha walls. They used the station platform roof for the shack roof. You can see the saw marks on the cut sides of the walls. A clever idea. If I can score a couple more Bertha's house kits, I have a kitbash of my own I want to do.

Good to know! I'm sure several of the "kit companies" Walthers does this quite often. They take a already produced kit and change the front or a roof line, and bingo they have another kit to sell that they only had to do minor tooling changes on. The bonus is they include lots of extras in their kits that eventually can be bashed into another building.

Back