Front End Friday

Sounds good to me Rico. Do you want to kick us off for Tail end Tuesday on Tuesday? I’m enjoying everyone’s inputs so far there’s a lot of Great Railroad Modelers here. Weekend Work Bench is a great idea too you can kick us off this Friday too I’ve always have some I’m working on.
Oops, I just realized we have a Tuesday thing going already (d'oh!) but still like the weekend thing tho.
Maybe we'll start one next weekend then.

Maybe I'll start off Front End Friday this week. Last August we had a visitor to the nearby city of Denton TX, #4014.
IMG_7209.JPG

She brought along her younger brother as well, #4015.
IMG_7225.JPG

Maybe I'll start off Front End Friday this week. Last August we had a visitor to the nearby city of Denton TX, #4014.
View attachment 145550
She brought along her younger brother as well, #4015.
View attachment 145551
Thanks for kicking us off Willie. I’ve been so busy today at work I didn’t get a chance too. Nice pics. I was going to go to Chester Illinois about 65 East of here to see them but couldn’t make the trip. That’s Awesome

OK, here's the real thing this week. Back in 2011, the Age of Steam Museum was moving their railcars from their old location at Fair Park in Dallas to their new location in Frisco TX, (a northern suburb of Dallas), renamed Museum of the American Railroad. They regularly parked stuff on a team track about a mile from where I worked. Here's motorcar M-160 which was there for three days.
03-23-11 041.JPG
Full view below. It made the trip under it's own power towing that Pullman car, Glen Nevis.
03-23-11 040.JPG

Here is my contribution 1:1, a little of the evolution of NP 328. This is a favorite loco of mine, still working on my layout model. The tender got dropped after we moved and still havent figured out the pilot config, looks like I have choices on that;

328 1932.JPG

Images from the Northern Pacific Historical Association

328 1946 b.JPG

Looks like may be the same tender in each shot, below find the diagram for the original version:

Tender.JPG

Fun stuff

Dave LASM

Happy front end Friday of 5/13/2022.

05A7E58F-573A-4233-BC1F-130078394C65.jpeg
An old friend of the layout has returned. On the programing track having just received a ESU-V4 sound decoder, WC GP35 #723. It is Athearn BB body from way back, mid 90’s, but with a Hobbytown flywheel drive and a NWSL replacement motor. This locomotive alone can pull 61 cars on the flat. I sold this guy last summer but now he has DCC and sound. The owner is testing it out and adjusting some CV’s. I also added a Decoder buddy plus 2 Sugar cube speakers all from SBS4DCC.com. Over the weekend I will install new front and rear head lights, add a cab interior light on the control panel and front and rear ditchlights. The cab interior and glass the owner will handle. The new LEDs and the ditchlight housings are from Scale Sound Systems.

Back