Santa Fe Sunday

TrucTrain55

Good Morning all. Thought I would start another Thread that I’ve done on another forum. Post your Santa Fe Locomotives, Rolling Stock, Passenger Trains and Real 1.1 Santa Fe stuff. I’ll get us started with a old Athearn Blue Box my older Brother gave me.
09B9E31F-5928-4C89-96FF-574BE353EE8C.jpeg

Oh boy! I can really get into this topic.
I'll start this week with some double-headed engines. Some of these have been posted in the Coffee Shop before.
Here's a pair of SD40-2's, known as "snoot noses" with the short hoods at 116" in length to accommodate the Locotrol equipment. These are ScaleTrains products.
IMG_7553.JPG

Next, a pair of GP38-2's. Note that these are part of a group of 11 that were acquired in the TP&W merger in 1983. They are the only Santa Fe EMD engines without dynamic brakes. These are Athearn products.
IMG_7692.JPG

That side railing has since been re-attached to the cab!

My only Santa Fe of significance would be this gp something, I never looked it up! Mid sixties, what were they then, gp 18, 20?
Anyway, the 5628 made thousands of loops around the piece of 4 X 8 plywood. Part of my original train acquisition.
IMG_20220430_051257537.jpg

Horn Hooks back in those days. Alot more robust! 😁😁

My only Santa Fe of significance would be this gp something, I never looked it up! Mid sixties, what were they then, gp 18, 20?
Anyway, the 5628 made thousands of loops around the piece of 4 X 8 plywood. Part of my original train acquisition.
View attachment 145277
Horn Hooks back in those days. Alot more robust! 😁😁
Nice choice for Today. What memories when Model Railroading was simple a green Matt and a 4x8

Almost forgot that today was Santa Fe Sunday, so here's my contribution. The same SD40-2 #5128 shown last week, this time passing a dilapidated barn.
View attachment 145310
A pair of SD45's from P2K, leading a container train past a couple of farms.
View attachment 145311
It’s about time you show up Wille. Nice pic I like the angle you took it. Thanks for sharing

Back