Lost in the Woods Switching Layout

Lots of nice imagination shown here. Nice layout and approach to it as well. :D

I hope I won't step on any toes, but I wonder if the OP might be interested in getting all items in his images in focus. Unless he already knows of it, there is a process called image stacking that brings all objects into focus. It requires multiple images of a scene, each with a different depth of focus into the scene, but after that a processor or computer can stitch all image files together. Many higher end cameras sold today have that capability built in. Please let me know if you are interested, or if anyone is interested, and I can help.

Sorry to intrude.

Lots of nice imagination shown here. Nice layout and approach to it as well. :D

I hope I won't step on any toes, but I wonder if the OP might be interested in getting all items in his images in focus. Unless he already knows of it, there is a process called image stacking that brings all objects into focus. It requires multiple images of a scene, each with a different depth of focus into the scene, but after that a processor or computer can stitch all image files together. Many higher end cameras sold today have that capability built in. Please let me know if you are interested, or if anyone is interested, and I can help.

Sorry to intrude.

I'm well aware. The goal of many of my photos is to lock in one specific detail which is why I haven't gone that route. When I post a wide shot or full scale depth image, I'll be doing so.

Constructive criticism is always welcome. Everyone can learn from others. "Only a fool thinks he knows everything and can learn nothing from no one" as my grandfather once said

Last edited:
A scratch-built farmhouse done by Roger of Coastmans. He is also my tree maker. This will be going on the layout shortly

house resize 1.jpg

house resize 2.jpg

house resize 3.jpg

Here goes with a Walthers Cornerstone Multilevel house.

This will have furniture in the living room, interior lights, furniture upstairs in the back as well as the already added front and back porch lights. Some of this kit did not fit as designed and some altering was needed and parts came out good and others not so great.

Here's where it stands right now. Roof is not attached permanently so I can add the furniture and lighting inside when it arrives.

resize home back 1.jpg

resize home front 1.jpg

Garage was purposely built slanted to show a broken door system for added realism to the home. There will be a light that goes in the garage too..

resize home garage 1.jpg

Here are the porch lights both on the front and back of the home

resize home lighting 2.jpg

resize home lighting 3.jpg

Back from out of town for almost 2 months. A few updates. I had a rethink on my forest area up front so I deconstructed it to have a better view of the yard from more angles. The Reinshold section is coming along.

Overview 1.jpg

Overview 2.jpg

Crossing 1.jpg

Intermountain SD40-2 with added ditch lights and small details such as correct plow and rings above the ditch lights done by Jim at Delano Mountain Custom Models. She is sitting on the main on a dark, stormy evening on the layout.

CP Dark 1.jpg

CP Dark 2.jpg

CP 4.jpg

Last edited:

Back