Running Bear's January 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all different thank goodness, if my friends were just like me I would never get a word in edgewise, we love what we agree on,and hopefully respect others choices for the things we don’t, a little like politics,I like my sister in law but we don’t discuss politics as we are poles apart, if I read a comment I don’t agree with,but they can argue their corner, I slide past and ignore it I don’t even label the person, just tune out,until I see what I like and tune back in,life is too short to always go looking for trouble.
My brother is very right wing business type conservative. My wife, love her that I do, is so far left it is crazy. Finally 3 Christmas’s ago they both decided no political conversation between the 2. A blessing that has become. Sometimes the brother even if he didn’t believe it himself would play devil’s advocate just to rile Terry up.

TomO

I have just gotten my creaking back through 2-1/2 hours of pure bliss and creative joy...NOT.
Trimming flash and round bases on unpainted figures is so much fun! Then, I get to paint all those look alike pants and shirts different colors.
If I were not such a cheapskate, I would buy pre-painted figures that all look alike.
More bitxxing and groaning tomorrow as I continue.

What is that saying, Smudge? "Politics makes for strange bedfellows" ... unfortunately Oil and Water don't mix well!
I love Louis, but we'ins on opposite sides of the aisle ...... on a few things, not all.
Sherrel there is one thing I'm sure we have in common when it comes to politics, we both want the best for our great nation.

The beauty of this forum is that it is one place we are unencumbered by politics.

thats me for the last 30 yrs. several 1-2 hr naps then become essential.
Our rain has turned to snow with 30kph wind. should be a quite interesting commute (if anyone dares) in the morning
I had this after the pain in my leg kept waking me up, I fall asleep after meals then am awake at night I hate it, but not all meals processed,heavy on flour, so pizza, or heavy on sugar Chinese are the worst culprits,jacket potatoes and home cooked meats not so much.

The Washington Wizards played a great game yesterday. They jumped out to a 9 point lead in the first quarter over the 76ers and never looked back. They finished strong allowing the 76ers only 15 points in the 4th quarter. I was looking forward to watching afternoon NBA basketball and the Wizards did not disappoint me.

I missed the Cardinals and the Rams, I was asleep before the pregame show. I'm hoping the NFL network will replay the game. They have a game scheduled at 3:15am, but no details as to which game they will replay.

Last edited:
I had this after the pain in my leg kept waking me up, I fall asleep after meals then am awake at night I hate it, but not all meals processed,heavy on flour, so pizza, or heavy on sugar Chinese are the worst culprits,jacket potatoes and home cooked meats not so much.
Jaz, I hope your leg is feeling better.

Over 95% of what I eat is home cooked. When we make it ourselves we know what is in it.

Painting figures, can be a pain, therapeutic,certainly seating in a comfortable position, seat is essential,and nor being crouched in one position helps,I don’t tend to do all the bits at once, I find a theme makes it more interesting and. Less of a chore, a little bit of tissue gave me the scarfs and cloak

Attachments

• 3446EFDF-ED09-4526-84C9-5C9EF666957E.jpeg
    3446EFDF-ED09-4526-84C9-5C9EF666957E.jpeg
    457.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 1690538F-F085-49EE-A619-06785C8DBDE1.jpeg
    1690538F-F085-49EE-A619-06785C8DBDE1.jpeg
    479.8 KB · Views: 65
  • B4A79602-5B88-45D9-B44B-D12FBEB54127.jpeg
    B4A79602-5B88-45D9-B44B-D12FBEB54127.jpeg
    502.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 8D0A7F3B-631C-424B-879D-3F332277CD73.jpeg
    8D0A7F3B-631C-424B-879D-3F332277CD73.jpeg
    405.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I have just gotten my creaking back through 2-1/2 hours of pure bliss and creative joy...NOT.
Trimming flash and round bases on unpainted figures is so much fun! Then, I get to paint all those look alike pants and shirts different colors.
If I were not such a cheapskate, I would buy pre-painted figures that all look alike.
More bitxxing and groaning tomorrow as I continue.
Mikey, I admire your dedication to your hobby.

I'm sure your painted figures look better than the ones you buy.

The Washington Wizards played a great game yesterday. They jumped out to a 9 point lead in the first quarter over the 76ers and never looked back. They finished strong allowing the 76ers only 15 points in the 4th quarter. I was looking forward to watching afternoon NBA basketball and the Wizards did not disappoint me.

I missed the Cardinals and the Rams, I was asleep before the pregame show. I'm hoping the NFL network will replay the game. They have a game scheduled at 3:15am, but no details as to which game they will replay.
No way could I watch a game let alone any TV at 3:15 am or an hour from now. I had been in bed for about 20 minutes and no sleep. My mind starts wandering and then anxiety sets in. Now after walking around a bit and looking out 2 windows I am back on the love seat. Starting the sleep process all over again.
TomO

Good morning all! 24 degrees here in SE Illinois on the way to mostly sunny and 46. Don't feel like I slept much overnight so today is gonna be a long one. Couldn't go to sleep to begin with. After an hour or so of laying there awake I finally got up and took some melatonin. Went back to bed and tossed and turned for a while longer before finally falling asleep. I was dead tired, so no idea why I had such a time getting to sleep.

Had a short day at work yesterday. Came home and did pretty much nothing all evening. Read a little from MRH Running Extra and watched some TMTV and other model railroad videos on YouTube, as well as checking in here a few times to see what you all were up to.

Hope you all have a great day!

No way could I watch a game let alone any TV at 3:15 am or an hour from now. I had been in bed for about 20 minutes and no sleep. My mind starts wandering and then anxiety sets in. Now after walking around a bit and looking out 2 windows I am back on the love seat. Starting the sleep process all over again.
TomO
Some people respond to lavender, best go real lavender in a bag,as that is not likely to have any issues,people pop them under their pillows.

milky drinks hot/warm sone people swear they are good others bad,pays your money take your chance

now I had a little trick when I went to bed,I ate 50 calories of chocolate I got in bed popped it in my mouth let it melt the sensation was lovely and relaxed me,unfortunately subsequent mouth fulls do not relax you more, believe me I tried lol.

Oh and some people find that it is all about the pillow,soft,hard,height,even angle,and some people can’t relax on their side but find putting a thin pillow between their knees suddenly becomes much more comfortable.

sharing a duvet can be stressful,two thinner ones instead of one thin,or a king size duvet on a normal double bed.

and sone people think they like a warm bed when they go to bed,but a cosier going into a cold room as you then snuggle down.

They closed most of the mental hospitals in NY around 1984. Harlem Valley Psychiatric Center was one of them. My mother worked there her whole life. 28 building of mentally ill people all locked up because they were a threat to society. The state said, they were costing to much money to keep open. After the woman was pushed on the subway tracks and died the other day the DA said, we have to many mentally ill people living on the streets. Remember in 1984 you closed all the mental hospitals? Am I missing something here?
George

They closed most of the mental hospitals in NY around 1984. Harlem Valley Psychiatric Center was one of them. My mother worked there her whole life. 28 building of mentally ill people all locked up because they were a threat to society. The state said, they were costing to much money to keep open. After the woman was pushed on the subway tracks and died the other day the DA said, we have to many mentally ill people living on the streets. Remember in 1984 you closed all the mental hospitals? Am I missing something here?
George
Maybe their response will be to put all the sane people in protective custody then.

Greetings everyone!

Success - at least preliminary good indications. I got the old turnout removed by sliding the joiners completely on to the old TO; unsoldered the pair of feeders; used the flexible putty knife to carefully break the caulk I use for adhesive; and lifted the old one off. So far so good.

Did some clean and prep for the new TO including carefully drilling out the throwbar hole in case I do want to connect the Caboose throw, and soldered on the frog feeder wire. Slid the joiners into place and put down new latex caulk, and carefully, with patience, a mild batch of colorful language, some motivational pep-talk, and finally got all six joiners attached and the to weighted down. Yay!

Will solder on the feeder wires and should be back in business. Also ready to wire up the program track that comes off the turntable by means of a on-off-on DPDT toggle. That should be fairly easy as I can solder all the wires to the switch at the workbench and connect to respective sources mechanically.

All this done by 1830 (6:30pm) and then to enjoy two bowls of homemade black-eye pea with collard greens soup for dinner and some telly before the missus returned from her dinner with the daughters at 2030.

Youngest dau, she who is declared legally blind, had an occupational therapy appointment yesterday morning. Wife and I went with her as we have learned the hard way that it is better to have at least two sets of ears hearing what medical professionals say, but only she was allowed back with her due to covid precautions. It is always emotionally hard for wife and I to confront just how bad her sight has become. But she is getting more and more help and remains fiercely independent. Hopefully within a year or so, she will be able to get a seeing eye dog. She would prefer a breed like a German Shepherd. Why you ask? Because it apparently is a thing that low-life scum who mug look at those using blind-canes as 'easy targets.' Now remember that I am in the "Fallen Human Nature" business, but hearing that really makes my blood boil.

Anyways - - busy day today. Dog to the vet and then to get my booster shot.

Steve J

Last edited:
Sherrel there is one thing I'm sure we have in common when it comes to politics, we both want the best for our great nation
LOUIS - Seems that Congress has only joined the rest of America, and the World, as the "ME, ME" attitude!
"WE" seems to be missing.

I missed the Cardinals and the Rams

Don't bother - Pretty sorry game IMHO. I turned it off during the third quarter and went to bed. Actually slept NINE hours with only having to make one trip to the Loo - that's a first!

Supposed to be 62F high today and we had a good shower during the night. Explanation: A good shower here is about 0.20 inch of rain!

More Coffee, FLO, breakfast later!

DA said, we have to many mentally ill people living on the streets. Remember in 1984 you closed all the mental hospitals? Am I missing something
Not for nothing, if you live on the streets, you have mental issues...

Most of these ideas, like mainstreaming the mentally ill, vs. institutionalizing them, come from well intentioned people, who are themselves isolated from the reality that the rest of us have to live in... PHDs, for instance have sequestered themselves into an academic environment, from the day they entered pre-K, until the time they retire. Their whole outlook is very different than mine. The biggest difference is that they can never be wrong, where people such as myself, are mostly wrong...For some reason, these folks solutions are more likely to be implemented than my solutions. No matter how unworkable they are...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good morning all,

I would like two eggs over medium, 4 bacon, crispy hash browns (not greasy), and a cup of hot Italian Roast Coffee.

But I got the bowl of Wheat chex with the hot Italian Roast. Nearly as good.

Going to hit 30 today, we were supposed to get some snow but it missed us.

I found this photo of my last layout while deleting junk from a memory card, some of you probably remember it:

a final view 042.JPG

I still have some of the buildings.

Everyone have a great day,

Dave LASM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back