Running Bear's January 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry -

Could it be that because he has re-registered so many times from the same IP address that the forum software considers him to be a spammer??
While we aren't supposed to comment on specific cases, if there are twelve or more users that all registered using the same IP address in a short period of time, that could be a contributing factor.

OK, Let's see if I can get these pictures to load:

What I started with:
20220115_093344.jpg

Bridge was taken from a layout I bought in 2012. It was 24" in length and 10.5" tall. Way too big for my layout in any form. Sad, as it was a sturdy but lightweight bridge. I removed the deck and cut it down, and looking to place part of it on my layout:
20220115_095123.jpg
20220115_095141.jpg

There rest of the structure was carefully dismantled. The old glue was easily taken off. I retained 7 complete complete Long structures:

20220117_090822.jpg

I have 1 additional missing the top member. I cut 6 down for the new bridge:

20220117_090844.jpg

Hoping for something like this:

20220117_090458.jpg

Nothing is glued yet, so it's just roughed in.
Final Location:

20220117_090159.jpg

Ok. Since I have more pictures, I'm going to start another post.

2nd post:

I cut the chunk out of the outer loop on my layout.

20220117_090133.jpg

River\Creek will be smallish and run between the loops:

20220117_090513.jpg

It's going to run off the corner to my walkthrough but never continuing past. I know I made the original opening too wide, but the foam is intact and my "hole" is too deep. I need to shorten it.

I can easily put everything back at this point before I go any further. I'm not sure whether to build the bridge and thn rebuild the base, or build the base where I need it and construct the bridge. Like I said yesterday, I had second thoughts overnight after spending several hours on this.

No snow on the ground in southeast Baltimore when we got up at 1:30am.

There was about 1" of snow and ice on the ground in Silver Spring, MD at 4:30am.

It did snow again, off and on in the northern suburbs of Washington DC between 5am and 7am resulting in less than an inch of additional accumulation.

Still no snow when we returned home to Baltimore.

The Cowboys flat out beat themselves yesterday! Only one tackle by a Cowboy defensive lineman in a the entire first quarter. Fourteen penalties against the Cowboys. A few of those penalties were perfectly timed for the 49ers.
I have seen the Cowboys play several times this season. I never saw them look as bad as they did yesterday. If the Cowboys defensive line had not played so poorly, stupidly at times, it would have easily been a different outcome. The 49ers gained 169 yards rushing!
What would possibly inspire a defensive lineman to tackle an offensive lineman?! That dumb move gave the 49ers a first down on their final drive. It would have been 4th down! "Defensive holding, five yard penalty, automatic first down!" WTF did I just see?! I had to rewind and watch it again because I could not believe what I just saw!

Last edited:
I vacated home for 11 days, while landlord (my son) & his family battled the *vid*. no internet out in the sticks, so not gonna try catch up on the 50 pages I missed. January *thaw* is on. plus 2 & raining right now. just cold enough to freeze on the roads . causing all kinds of havoc. has been up to almost plus 10 : equals a 50 degree swing -40to +10 crazy

Well a brief break is in order.....I got about 5 to 6 inches of wet snow....yuck! I already shoveled it off my driveway this morning. stayed home and working remotely. I have the fireplace going even though the temperature has come back up to a balmy 35 degrees. I hate dampness in the house so the fireplace keeps it dry and warm. If it get too dry I can boil a pot of water over the fire which I do at times.

Yesterday was intersting in the NFL. I didn't watch all of the games just checked in now and then. 49ers will be visiting the FROZEN TUNDRA 🥶 to play my PACKERS!!! Go Packers!

So I was painting the new back drop that goes in front of the window in between games and house chores. I have 2 more coats to do for that because I am now using a piece of birch veneer instead of the foam board I had tried. I also painted a 1x12 board that is cut at 38 inches in length. This was painted an earth tone sandy light brown color. I got this paint for 9 bucks a HD from their rejected pile and it turns out to be a good color for me to use! This board will serve as the portable program track and an experiment for the track road bed and ballast. I am going to use that polymeric sand I bought the previous weekend that I mentioned to ya'll before. This sand will be used as ballast. I bought one bucket of each....I will use the grey mix 1st to see how that goes. I will post pics later as I progress on this small project....

Attachments

• 20220108_1603221.jpg
    20220108_1603221.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 60
Hurry up, JAMES ... I really want to see your "ballast" results!

I need to get a life!
I can't seem to keep my eyes open past 7PM and then have been waking up at - this morning 2 AM - now three/four days in a row. I have a couple errands I need to run today, and the Spousal Unit will be showing up in a couple hours. Have to vacuum and clean up the house pronto!

Unless of course the individual idiot has been elected.
Louis: Unfortunately there are too many to count...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That issue is one of the clues that professional football is all orchastrated.
Ken: Been thinking and saying that for years...especially when Vince McMahon got into the game. Now, the "league" has embraced Sports Book in a big way. Nice to know, I'm not alone here.

I finished my preliminary tax return, entering all income, and payments, and taking the standard deduction...looks good, I can expect a refund.
Now that lunch is finished, I'm off to the train room.

While we aren't supposed to comment on specific cases, if there are twelve or more users that all registered using the same IP address in a short period of time, that could be a contributing factor.
To be fair he managed to
put his left leg in
his left leg out
in
out
shake it all about

so he had a far crack of the whip, the forum does need to protect itself,otherwise spammers could cause mayhem, I did see one so sheet took about 10 moderators 2 days t clear out a lot of adverts for sex, the members were able to have a laugh comparing notes until it was all cleaned up,but it was a mess

I vacated home for 11 days, while landlord (my son) & his family battled the *vid*. no internet out in the sticks, so not gonna try catch up on the 50 pages I missed. January *thaw* is on. plus 2 & raining right now. just cold enough to freeze on the roads . causing all kinds of havoc. has been up to almost plus 10 : equals a 50 degree swing -40to +10 crazy
Glad your back,knowing us you did not miss a whole bunch. ;D

Sounds like an excuse to me, so his family don't take any blame for his actions, he flew to the US two weeks ago, so where has he been, and there are plenty of synagogues here in the UK he could have targeted. Interestingly they have also arrested two people in the UK in connection with the attack, so I don't think his mental health is an issue as his brother is claiming.
again agreed.

Greetings fellow train lovers! I have been absent a while - lurking occasionally, but been on a real downer for a while.
Finally finished, signed, and sent off the 2020 tax return and for the first time in 64 years of filing - I had to pay some late charges plus interest - my prior two tax preparers' would have "re-adjusted" things to ditch that, but Spousal Unit just wanted it over with as she thinks they are going to evict us any minute. (she listens to too many scare tactics on TV)
OK - I will fall on the sword for her! She received some CA Unemployment for having to close her salon and did not have ANY taxes withheld. The story she is sticking with is that "they're giving you money - why should you have to be taxed on it too" ...
I cannot fault her reasoning; anyway I had to cough up additional which usually I always have enough paid in ahead to cover the bill. Personally, I feel that anyone over 75 years old should not have to play their silly game - I paid all your Taxes, FICA, Medicare, Self Employment, Workmen Comp, etc. .. leave me alone!.
BEGS another question: What happens to people who are mentally impaired and cannot even remember a "tax return"?

OK - I'll get off my rant now! I have some serious catching up tp do from page 53 already.

COFFEE, FLO, please leave the pot!

TROY -
Sorry I have missed the pizza - looked pretty good. I have been boiling a couple 10 pound packages of chicken quarters to freeze for placing a little on the pups dry food. Of course, now they expect it. If I just place their dry down - they set there and look at me - like, HEY is that it!

Supposed to be 66F for a high today - we had several days of mid 70's which were nice. Threatening clouds, but they passed us by with no droppings?

Later, gang!
Everyone has a little off time occasionaly, life never allows little compartments for all the things wish to do,and winter sad sometimes makes you wonder why you bother, glad you have perked up,always glad to see you.

Good Morning All. Clear and 34°, maybe. That's what my thermometer shows, Weather Underground station a mile away shows 35°. Another one three miles away shows 32° and Accuweather shows 28°. I'll go with my reading. Supposed to warm up to 63°, 75° tomorrow. Yesterday was beautiful at 55°, sunny and no wind. I don't mind shoveling sunshine out of the way to the train shed!;)

Another medical day today for my wife. Today is a follow-up laser session for her cataract surgery last September. It's an in-office visit for 11:30 am. I absolutely hate for her to schedule this kind of stuff for the middle of the day, which she always does. Mostly screws up my morning and shortens my afternoon. I always schedule my stuff for first thing in the morning. Wednesday she goes in for a crown at the dentist for a tooth that she broke in November, a week before she had her last knee surgery. They gave her a temporary filling back then, which was indeed temporary, lasting less than three weeks. At least her knee is improving very well and she should be able to drive herself to the dentist. Me, I believe that except for shortness of breath, I am fully recovered from whatever I was stricken with last week. I have suffered from shortness of breath for over 40 years now but it hasn't always been this bad. I hope to be able to get back to daily one mile walks in a few more days.

As I have posted here before, I don't watch TV except for about 30 minutes of Fox Business each morning. however I see brief glimpses of NFL football as I pass through the living room while games are on. Maybe it's just my timing, but over the last two days, I have seen some really lousy officiating in several games! I have also seen some really poor playing by several teams. No wonder I am hearing numerous expletives emanating from my wife! She can be as bad as a sailor when watching sports.

Thanks for all of the likes and comments regarding yesterday's posting; OB Ken, Louis, Gary, Tom O, Karl, Smudge, George, Guy, Joe, Rick, Jaz, Hughie, Steve J, Tom, Curt, Patrick, Justin.

Anything with bacon this morning Flo. Double BLT with cheese sounds good.

Out in the train shed yesterday, I got those backyard junk detail parts placed.
View attachment 138925
View attachment 138926
In the midst of completing the Antiques Barn, I decided that I was going to add lights to it. Since it was already assembled, I just lined the inside walls with black construction paper to keep the light from bleeding through.
View attachment 138927
Then a LED was added.
View attachment 138928
Here's the final product before dull coating and decals/signs.
View attachment 138929

Steve J - Three weeks, yikes! I hope that she gets better soon.
Smudge - Cheese in a spray can I do not consider to be real food.
I have seen older pictures of that type of tanker at the end of steam driven trains from years ago. They used them to douse smoldering spots from ejected embers along the right of way in mostly mountainous regions.

While she was mentioned by the hostage taker, she has disavowed him.
Karl - I am leaving the barn yellow, simply because that's the predominant color of two antiques barns in this area. Real barns around here are all red or corrugated metal.
Terry -

Could it be that because he has re-registered so many times from the same IP address that the forum software considers him to be a spammer??

If you care, today's Michelle Obama's birthday.
Everybody have a great day otherwise. Stay warm and safe.
This explains why he had gone to the USA to stage his terrorism,and,it also smacks of he had been in cahoots with some or more or needed to acquire his armoury, but totally premeditated hope they throw the book at him and ship him off to guantalamo (how do you spell it) bay at its worse. zero tolerance for terrorists.

This explains why he had gone to the USA to stage his terrorism,and,it also smacks of he had been in cahoots with some or more or needed to acquire his armoury, but totally premeditated hope they throw the book at him and ship him off to guantalamo (how do you spell it) bay at its worse. zero tolerance for terrorists.
Jazz it's Guantanamo 😂
But yes I agree, the only good thing is that no one else was hurt or injured, and at least the tax payers are not paying for the bugger to be in jail,
win-win in my book

Last edited:
Hurry up, JAMES ... I really want to see your "ballast" results!

I need to get a life!
I can't seem to keep my eyes open past 7PM and then have been waking up at - this morning 2 AM - now three/four days in a row. I have a couple errands I need to run today, and the Spousal Unit will be showing up in a couple hours. Have to vacuum and clean up the house pronto!
We are on almost the same sleep schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back