ProtoRail 2022 Cocoa Beach, Florida

Sir Robbins

Speaking of prototype railroads, is anyone on here going to ProtoRail today, tomorrow or Saturday?

I'll be there this afternoon and tomorrow. Lots of great workshops including one with Lance Mindheim this year. Showroom floor will have most all vendors and reps there like Shane from ScaleTrains, the folks from Intermountain, Kato, Walthers, Atlas, BLI, Woodland Scenics and so on. If there are any questions you'd like me to ask them, please post them here. I'll be reading this thread tonight and tomorrow. I'll be sure to post pictures as well.

I am a 79 year old model railroader living in St Augutine FL. I am NOT an NMRA member. If I wanted to just visit the displays etc and NOT the clinics, what would it cost me ?
Brian

I am a 79 year old model railroader living in St Augutine FL. I am NOT an NMRA member. If I wanted to just visit the displays etc and NOT the clinics, what would it cost me ?
Brian
$50.00

same cost regardless of what you do.

I live in Saint Augustine as well... haha

Last edited:
Perhaps we will have to visit each others layouts?? I'll likely just go visit that show in deland this weekend. Not that I need anything but I do have a particular project in mind

Perhaps we will have to visit each others layouts?? I'll likely just go visit that show in deland this weekend. Not that I need anything but I do have a particular project in mind

the Orlando N Trak club will have their traveling layout running in Deland tomorrow.

Waiting for some of those pictures?
I really didn't take any but 2 and they were from ScaleTrains new releases as well as some info on future releases. I spent most of the show in clinics. One club had their usual traveling layout but the rest was clinics and stuff for sale. Not nearly as many manufactures as last time

The Deland show was a little bit smaller, and much of the sellers were bigger O scale equip. I found a few HO items.

BTW Sir Robbins you are welcome to come take a look at my layout under construction,......double deck in a 12x18 Handi-house shed under my carport.

That sounds great. I travel for work a lot but I'm sure I'll find time at some point. My layout has its own thread on here called Lost in the Woods if you wanted to see it

Back