Traffic lights

Dominick

Anyone know where I could find a nice looking set of Traffic lights
preferably with LED lights also (don't know if these are possible)
but I'd like the light to have a hanging one and one down the side
of the same pole that the hanging one is on

thanks

Walthers offers operating traffic lights, saw a set on a freinds' layout recently. Light colors change, real neat.

Here's a link to the Walthers products. http://walthers.com/exec/search?quick=walthers+traffic+light&quicksrch_butt.x=0&quicksrch_butt.y=0

How did they look Bob? I was considering ordering some but I wasn't sure how fine the detail was. Do they actually have some sort of flat lenses or are they just LEDs sticking out? It's hard to tell from the photos. I was never too impressed with the lights I've seen on eBay that are just LEDs snapped into a plastic housing. The dome shape of the bulbs looks too bug-eyed.

This is a little off topic but what are the lights called that sit alongside a track that give either a green or a red light. I'm new still to all the terms and equipment usage.

Here's a cropped shot of my friend's traffic lights. Not the greatest, but shot was handheld without flash.

Well the traffic lights i'm looking for is something like this but also
has one on the side pole

09330000002305.gif

Well the traffic lights i'm looking for is something like this but also
has one on the side pole

09330000002305.gif

You would have to buy two units and 'bash' them to get what you want. It might be a little tricky because of the wiring but I certainly think it can be done.

This is a little off topic but what are the lights called that sit alongside a track that give either a green or a red light. I'm new still to all the terms and equipment usage.

I don't know if you ever got your answer to this question but they are called semaphors.

Scott

Back