2-8-2 Polson Logging #2

kjd

Go make something!
For my 1000th post, here is the classic shot along the 101, just north of Garibaldi and south of Rockaway Beach, OR. Sunday December 5, 2021 The Candy Cane Express. I have to say though, the candy canes were the little ones and it was not an express, 10 mph tops. The cookies and hot chocolate and bald eagles outside the windows made it a fun trip though.

Polson2.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the classic shot along the 101, just north of Garibaldi and south of Rockaway Beach, OR. Sunday December 5, 2021 The Candy Cane Express. I have to say though, the candy canes were the little ones and it was not an express, 10 mph tops. The cookies and hot chocolate and bald eagles outside the windows made it a fun trip though.

Got to Garibaldi multiple times a few years back to pick from the pallet mill; what a wonderful place! Usually would get there Sunday am sometime and saw the tourist train ( Oregon Coast Scenic Railway ) on each go around. Unknown if it runs during the week or if running at all these days. The pallet mill is/was smack dab in the middle of at least 5 seafood places - you can only eat so much ... right? For those of you that can get there, do it. This little town just begs to be modeled. The Tillamook cheese factory is not far South on 101, go see that too.

Todd, are you a skateboard driver? I've wanted to try it since I was 5 but always had a different job.
Skateboard? Ifn ya mean Trucker - Ya although only for about 8 years. And I thought about it, the mill was not a pallet mill specifically. Most of the time we would pick up 1x4 or 1x6 for pallet makings and take them to California.

Skateboard/flatbed. There are a couple youtubers I watch that are truckers and have names for all the different kinds of trailers and flatbeds are usually referred to as skateboards. I did drive a straight flatbed as part of a job and enjoyed it and have wondered what it would be like over the road with a flatbed.

Back