[H0] Christian's layouts

CHRlSTIAN

Happy to be here !
Hello Happy Modelers !
This folding layout (photo bellow) gave me a few ideas for my new project: another small layout (45"x61") with a passing siding. The turnouts are Peco SL-95 and SL-96 (#6).
Just scroll down and you can see the track plan. As always, all your comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

001A.JPG

452.jpg

Christian,

My current layout (Track laid, but very little scenicing yet) is basically a loop in a loop with 4 switches linking the 2 loops. It is wired to run 2 trains simultaneously and even different directions. I also have some sidings and a small yard inside the inner loop.

You could do a couple of simple sidings on the inside to add interest. What we forget sometimes is your space limitations. My layout is roughly 9ft X10ft. Remember it's your RR, and that first drawing is a start. My line evolved to what it is now, but has been torn down a couple of times, moved twice, and partially torn down as what looked good on paper didn't work in practice.

I gotta get back downstairs...

Last edited:
The big change from my original drawing is the I expanded the table to the left and that's now where the 2 loops meet. I didn't remember all the photo's being there, but they have my name all over them...lol

[H0) NEW SWITCHING LAYOUT #1
The dimensions are: 1'x6'. I used Peco track and Peco #6 turnouts. A few pics will explain better than words. Due to my complete lack of skill in scenery and greenery, my new switching layout is almost finish. I'm now ready for many funny switching operations. I'm very very pleased with the result !

105.jpg

108.jpg

107.jpg

Last edited:

Back