Largest production tank car! At 48,000+ gals it went into production!

Tankcarsrule

There were two larger, but they were one offs. Only one of those went into service, the UTLX whalebelly! These cars hauled Vinyl Chloride used in PVC products. They ran in blocks up to five cars!!!! Most of the rust comes off of the walkway!
5370830629_dd6c43455e_o~3.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Please show us something you've scratchbuilt so we can say nasty things about your work!
If you can't say something kind, keep your yap shut! Just my way of thinking! I have many, many hours in that project and don't take kindly to nasty!
We pride ourselves on this forum as being a civil bunch of folks. Please take note of JazzDad's earlier post in this thread.
Very nice model of an UGLY car.
As I said, he was not criticizing your work and I feel that both of your comments are uncalled for. I am not sure which of us the second one was in reference to.
You're kind of new to this forum and you have displayed some excellent work. Don't spoil your standing with comments like these.
Thank you.

No, l'm not new to this forum, I've been a member for years and know nasty when I see it! I will exit stage right and leave you to your silly rules!

I was not criticizing your work by any means. I thought it was fantastic. I was commenting that the car itself was out of proportion, ungainly, and otherwise repulsive to my my sense of what a rail car should look like.

I've posted some of my scratchbuilding. Everyone got a good laugh from those pix. :eek:

I was listed as Bobby Pitts the first time I was on the forum, please check under that name and you'll see I've been a member several years. Just to let you know I'm not a liar! I lost my password, so I used my other name!

Back