Not open for further replies.
490E12D9-18D3-4F03-AE71-96A65E434641.jpeg
8AE6AA81-85FC-43B6-8B77-BC6A08C1BAC4.jpeg

gotta Love owls

Attachments

• EE6B9E18-B89F-47F3-A020-99AEB23E3475.jpeg
    EE6B9E18-B89F-47F3-A020-99AEB23E3475.jpeg
    551.7 KB · Views: 105
I know you listen to classic rock Willie. Do you also watch Axis TV? I watch it a lot, I had a band in the late 60s called The Touch. It was a fun time. I can't even play close to that now but would like to start playing more. My Gibson SG just sits there for now. Maybe this year I'll get going again.
George

guitar_01.jpg

Last edited:
Afternoon all,

I got home at about 3:30a, just in time to help the wife get ready for work. ISP had a router fail that both of our sites are connected to. Once it was changed everything popped back up. I had to wait a bit to make sure everything was stable.
Got 2 2-hour naps and ran a couple of errands.
Got news my boss is going to retire in the next 2-4 months. Not really surprised, but thought he'd be around longer. So it may be time for me to make a change soon as well. I'm less than 7 years before retirement, so I'll just wait and see.

Well good early Wisconsin evening. Got to the ballpark at 11:15am wondering where all the traffic going east of Madison on I94 was coming from. A nice beautiful sunny day for a ball game. Then the Dodgers came to bat in the 1st inning. Grand slam in the 1st inning, another grand slam by the Dodgers and later a 3 run dinger. A ballgame really goes slowwwww when your team is being crushed. It was an over flow crowd of 12,100+ ticket buyers. 25% of full and that is the cap. I guess it increases this week to 50%. I need a shower, a 15 minute nap and some iced water. Then I will come back and read. We weren’t in the top row but we were close!
View attachment 127678

Nice shot of the former Miller Park, now American Family Field (like Miller Park better). To bad about the price of a beer when you can see the Miller Brewery from some parts of the park. Never the less a great place for baseball.

I enjoy evening baseball in mid-summer when the temperature is in the 70's and the sky clear.

I was at the second game when the brewers started in Milwaukee. I got the last single ticket of a sell out crowd and my seat was behind the visitors dugout and I could hear the players talking to each other.

-Greg

Last edited:
Good morning from Wisconsin where the natives are restless over the diva Packer Qb. I understand him being upset about some things but he hasn’t nor has his agent held a press conference saying he’s pissed off. Until then it’s rumors and he has a very good for HIM contract he needs to live up to or retire.

I had plans today, changed them and now am not sure of anything.

TomO

View attachment 127611

Tom: I been looking all over cabin area for some real twigs to cut up for pulp wood, but never could find a selection anywhere. Saturday, when sitting on the deck, a White Pine within reach of the deck has several dead branches that will work perfect for my use. Noting beats the look and realism of real branches on a layout.

I can cut them to length while enjoying a cocktail of two.

Nice scene you posted.

Greg

Good Afternoon Everyone.......overcast and rain here in Wisconsin with .5 to over an inch of rain expected. Just returned form the cabin.

Turned on the water and you never know what you forgot to do when draining the system last fall and have a frozen pipe somewhere in the system. Well, just the opposite, I turned on the water very slowly and I forgot to close two drain valves under the sink cabinet in the bathroom Lots of water on the floor. An hour later I found that the sink sprayer in the kitchen had a broken handle on the spray nozzle and water was coming out of the nozzle. A trip to hardware store (a 15 mile trip one way) for a replacement nozzle only to find that the replacement wasn't a true replacement and I needed to make changes and use some of the parts from the broken nozzle to make it fit properly.

On the way up we stopped for lunch and the special was 18 scallops (large to medium in size), a baked potato, muffin, apple sauce and lemons wedges for $11.99.

Then on Sunday we went to our local watering hole for lunch and played my favorite slot machine and tripled my $$$ and then had lunch, a two piece chicken dinner with french fries and rye breach for $5.95.

Riley was a perfect puppy for her first over night stay at the cabin. She played outside without a lease and never left the sight of Cathy and loved running around the cabin and exploring the wooded area. Outside she would run around the cabin three or four times as her exercise. In the SUV she never let us know she was in the vehicle. a true traveler.

Being at the cabin gave me a work out on the walker since everything requires walking or some obstacle to conquer. I got my exercise!!!

So much for now...................

Greg

##########################

Nice pc...and you got a red neck.....hmm I have heard about you American red necks lol,the media makes you look bad but the back bone of the country poo pooed by politicians if I understand it...sorry not my politics you understand...do I get an out of jail card :D grins

Jaz A,

A red neck meaning burnt by the sun in my case. Not a political statement, lol...
I maybe as far from a red neck, as anybody on this forum. I am a city boy, a Northerner from Chicago.
Nothing wrong with true Red Neckers, it’s the fakers that are trouble.

Have a great one, still laughing
TomO

Last edited:
Tom: I been looking all over cabin area for some real twigs to cut up for pulp wood, but never could find a selection anywhere. Saturday, when sitting on the deck, a White Pine within reach of the deck has several dead branches that will work perfect for my use. Noting beats the look and realism of real branches on a layout.

I can cut them to length while enjoying a cocktail of two.

Nice scene you posted.

Greg

Greg

Thanks for the compliment. Twigs when you want them are hard to find. When the yard doesn’t have them our local soccer ( football for JazA) complex, 18 fields and 2 articulated turf stadiums is surrounded by trees. Good pickings for me there. I usually cut them to pulpwood size, no bigger then 24” and 100” long, during NHL hockey games.

TomO

Afternoon all,

I got home at about 3:30a, just in time to help the wife get ready for work. ISP had a router fail that both of our sites are connected to. Once it was changed everything popped back up. I had to wait a bit to make sure everything was stable.
Got 2 2-hour naps and ran a couple of errands.
Got news my boss is going to retire in the next 2-4 months. Not really surprised, but thought he'd be around longer. So it may be time for me to make a change soon as well. I'm less than 7 years before retirement, so I'll just wait and see.
You seem to be able to sort family, and do a load of work fitting those systems,and no one breathing down your neck,it may be safer to duck down and hold the fort as you seem to ‘play the system’ well there often jobs you go fo do not turn out as advertised and you could get a dog of a job,then moving again could go against you,if you are not unhappy can tweak and get paid overtime for the last man out first man in, or at kudos for it, it might be best to dig in until retirement, but only you can know what’s best for you,and the other side of the coin is you might miss something better, still 7 years is a long time to have an itch,which ever way it goes,hope you have a fairly smooth ride

Good evening....Well our dept. went to 4 10 hour days so Thursday is the new Friday. It's just for the summer months but 3 day weekends are nice.
As for the vaccine, anyone that was in the military you got shot up with all kinds of vaccines and so I figure one more is no big deal.

Good evening Shop Dwellers! On my central MD property it's 67*F under cloudy skies, with a T-storm lurking somewhere out there...

As always, the "likes" and supportive comments are much appreciated, even when I have no time for "naming names."

. . .
Ken - Don't worry. My train shed is far from being magazine presentable, but I enjoy it. Good luck on the health issues going forward.
. . .
ken, those folks coming for the tour are not coming to see the environment but to see the layout. Keep the floor clean and clear and the skirting is a nice idea. I love mine. If they have issues it is their fault not yours. This is for your enjoyment, don’t fret over it
. . .
Willie/Tom - Thanks for the encouraging words! Perfectionism is a disease that runs in my family, been struggling with it all my life. But, like Ringo, I pull through "with a little help from my friends" LOL. BTW I did manage to make some more incremental progress this evening: Moved a stack of bottled water cases from an aisle in the train room to a spare bedroom!

Jaz - the photo of the girl hugging an owl is priceless! Did you shoot it yourself? That owl must have been treated for an early-life injury [possibly by that zookeeper who's standing by?].

Sherrell - glad to hear your wife is back to "trophy" status [LOL]!

Until tomorrow....cheers!

Well fellers I figure I will post something before bed. Been working on getting my road made up on the layout. Had to redo some sections as it just didnt turn out right. So hopefully tomorrow i can get that finished up. Havent been able to run any operations due to the branch being taped off. I still can just feel its a bit too awkward for my tastes. Had to do some track cleaning tonight as well. I was getting some stalls in sections. Have that all figured out now. Added some more pics to the C&O page on here if anyone is interested. Thats all i have for now. I hope everyone has a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back