Running Bear's April 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings from the West! We are looking for a 79 high up from 53 as we speak with (again) mostly sunny skies.
Sort of looks as if California will have a really Big fire year coming up - we only have 2 more months to complete this years rain season and still have only received 1/2 of the normal average.

Don't have happy news this morning except that the Spousal Unit and I are both still vertical - somewhat? She has been working feverish to clean out the master bedroom closet an d managed to give herself a monster of a hurt back. She spent the remainder of the day mostly sitting in a recliner chair with me playing nursemaid of which I am getting lots of practice of hand to foot care - her weight loss surgery and the knee replacement. She has been popping pain pills with clock watching precision.
I just built a fire for her as the recliner is close to the fireplace, but am low on wood and will have to replenish the woodbox. Says she is feeling better this morning, but I am telling her to take the day off and to NOT do any more damage to her back -- she has several clients tomorrow and if cannot work then will have to re-schedule them.

In other news, I have managed to procrastinate - once again- on filing taxes on time and will try for an extension, but I will need to get a payment in the mail to them tomorrow as I am sure that I have not paid in enough to cover myself

Okay, I thought I'd better update the scorecard, for anybody that needs it.
My wife has been on our own home health care since she suffered a stroke in 2015. "Our own" means yours truly. she's been in declining health since then, with diabetes, COPD, and kidney failure adding to the mix. She also has sleep apnea, and is on oxygen 24/7. She does have a hotline to a service that will send out a nurse or nurse practitioner if she calls them, but she's pretty stubborn, and won't call them until she's nearly on death's doorstep. She's a retired nurse, and doctors and nurses are their own worst patients. Anyway, since 2015, I've been doing most of the housework inside and out, as well as taking on an increasing role in caring for her. In addition to working full-time+, so if sometimes I'm not on here much, or seem to be a bit--terse--that's why.

All of us in her immediate family are puzzled by her insisting on going to a nursing home, unless she knows something she is not disclosing to us. I've been trying to keep her at home, and out of nursing facilities, in order to keep her engaged and elongate the "glide slope" as much as possible.

Terry - I am very sad for you're situation. It surprises me, as well, that the wife dosen't want to remain at home. Especially with all the recent discoveries concerning long term care in nursing homes. - I offer prayers to you and the wife; and, believe me, I don't pray all that much.

When my dad passed, his final request to me in the hospital was, "Guy, take me home."
Mother would not allow me to do so. - The pain I feel for not fulfilling my fathers last request has endured for the past 30 years since.

God's speed, Terry.

Don't worry, he won't drink much.
And adds protein...
Right?! At least he was solo.....

Good morning all, I truly hope everybody is OK this Sunday morning! 👍

Terry, yes, Best Wishes & prayers for you & your wife and family!

I had commented on Gary's Stewart F3's and being clean.... here is a pic of a BNSF ET44CA....Pretty clean, probably because it's new(er).
It is Purddy!
IMG_20210330_151313673.jpg

EVERYBODY BE WELL...STAY SAFE!

Jerry - Thank you for posting an outstanding photograph. BNSF 3721 looks like it comes right off the assembly line!
I have photographs of ET44AC's and ET44DC's; never heard of an ET44CA. I wonder what those last two letters signify? The machines all look the same.

Good Sunday everyone!

Little late for breakfast, FLO, can I get a turkey and bacon club sandwich on light toast, chips, and a tall glass of Sarsaparilla!

Garry, glad to hear of your improving health. Keep it up!

Terry, we will continue prayers for Marie (and you) I can't imagine anyone complaining about the ups and downs of our off line lives. This is a social group with trains being the common thread. But as a social group, other topics in common with other members get discussed. As long as it's not about religion or politics or foul language, anything goes right??

Joe and Garry. I also have an old "Yellow box" Atlas S-2. It runs great. Kudos to Atlas that when they switch production to China, nothing changed. I have a Chinese Atlas S2 also, runs perfect with the older Yugoslavian model, no speed matching needed. Both are running the NCE ATL4 decoders, now out of production. Joe, if you need a motor, I happen to have a N.O.S motor for the older Yugoslavian model.

Thanks to all that commented on my prize winning pic.

Off to the workbench now, back to the 2-8-0.

Good Morning all! A fabulous day. Wife and I are certainly going out today. Not sure where but we got to get out.
French toast would be nice with a couple of slices of bacon.
Terry - Prayers for you and your wife.
McLeod - My wife has that same regret for her mother.
Jaz - Nice picture of "Father Shorty"
Willie - Still some impressive photos
Jerry - While that ET44 is to new for my layout, they are imposing machines.
Everyone - Great photos.
Still working on the river
Riverwalk-1.jpg
walk.

I can see how the discussion of medical issues might bring back difficult memories for some or be depressing, the solution to that is simple just don't read it.

On an upbeat note ,I did get to lay some track last night.

P.S. I would be happy to post pictures of my blood blistered ,fungal encrusted big toe , for a few cheap Likes?o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back