Running Bear's April 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherrel : proper parenting can land you in jail these days.

Not true. My kids knew from an early age that no meant no, and "if you do this, then that will happen" was how it would be. None of the tantrums, whining or conniving will change my position, so you may as well give in to the parental units

Unless you cut him out of your will he's going to inherit the $20 anyway, whats his is his and whats yours is his the rest is a mere technicality.

No, It has more to do with respect. If he will steal from a family member, he will from anyone. The longer this is tolerated the harsher the life lesson will be he gets older.

Good morning gang!

50° and clear, heading to a balmy 72° later! Started looking at the grandsons 4 wheeler last night. Found the year and model # and identified a few issues straight away. This sent me to the basement, online I found the shop manual. The download was a paltry $3.95. I'll print it out today at work, and will revisit it later in the week.

Tonight, taxes. 🤔😢😖

View attachment 126717View attachment 126718View attachment 126719
Oi I resemble that remark :p

Good Afternoon all! The sun is playing peek-a-boo but temps are pretty nice.
I just returned from getting my truck inspected. I didn't do it last year. After the inspection I went to the County Tax Office to renew the Registration, which I also skipped last year. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. Registered no questions asked, good till next year. That went so well I got the Conductress's car and went for an oil change. A 2 and a half hour wait and that's the express lane. No oil change today.
Did manage to run a few trains. The Kato FEF-3 is pulling 30 cars in a mixed freight. It just runs so well. I still have issues with the rear truck on the tender detaching.
STAY SAFE

LATER

Evening all, hope you are all having a good day! Are you sure the young fella wasn’t just thinking your bureau was a couch cushion. Anyone remember checkin the couch when your father got off it on the odd occasion? Always hoped spare change fell into the cushions....lol.

no train work here today as I have moved out to the garage to try and start building a bed frame out of maple. Our club is having a zoom meeting tonight though.

Howdy ....

It certainly is noisy here today. This is our roof project as of noon today. Most workers were on lunch break. Now they are replacing water-damaged wood we did not know we had.

51099221244_aceabd263d_k.jpg

I'll catch up with you later.

Cheers.

.I have never drilled holes for any of them
over the past 3 summers I have watched a pair of chickadees *drill* a hole from the top of a 6x6 fence post. It must be 3-4 inches deep now. they take turns entering. it sounds like a woodpecker when they are in there chipping away. cant see it being a nest site, as it fills with water in the summer.
dont know what they get out of doing this.

A popular TV show promo has the host ask a new contestant if he is happy to be on the show.
The contestant replied that he was as excited as a mosquito entering a nudist colony.

Last evening, I met that mosquito's cousins. As my grandson and I worked on the floor frame of the storage shed, we were swarmed by mosquitos.
Logan commented that the mosquitos must be using their cell phones to call their friends to feast on us.

C566E835-8B6B-49A6-B0EA-0DEC493BF1E4.jpeg
420B6EBC-0E0F-4256-9456-7712C2FAF797.jpeg
D109DA9D-8FA8-4533-90A1-10FACB4134F5.jpeg
1F546329-ABE9-4549-A654-7ED767B03018.jpeg
106C36BF-3A3C-460B-A310-472FD1E368E2.jpeg
7D3249E0-D846-41E7-AA56-C3BF3AD63E74.jpeg

years ago I did my first scratch build, I tried painting windows, cutting my own plastic, a clay roof - a friend suggested I tried weetabix - which actually had potential, I learnt a lot and should go redo it and pop it on the layout, but I thought you might be interested, just do not splutter on your morning coffee!

Morning all,

Garage door opener broke down yesterday. So off to Lowes I go to get a new one. I suspect this one was original to the first owner of the house, so that would place it about 22 years old. I'd call someone in to look at it, but they'd charge more than the cost of a new one. I've installed several over the years and I know it's easier to replace one that install from new (most of the wiring and supports are in place already). So I know what I'm doing this evening.

Apartment building next to the first house the wife and I bought burned the other night. Fortunately no one injured, but it is still tough seeing the vinyl siding I put on our former house 20 years ago melted off the side. In fairness we sold it 18 years ago, but it's still a bit hard. Just glad we don't own it. Vinyl is final until it's not...

Jaz: Not a terrible looking attempt. I don't know that I'd put cereal on a permanent model. I can actually buy that cereal locally believe it or not. The bigger Kroger affiliate (Dillions) carries it.

Good morning Crew from So. Central Wisconsin where it is 69f degrees heading to high 70’s. A nice day until it’s not in the evening when the rains might begin. I will enjoy it in the meantime as this is the last of 5 days in the high 70’s or 80.

The electricians will be back today. They replaced the circuit box but still don’t know why it happened. I have 2 Powerwalls and now they are thinking it maybe the issue along with the backup generator. Let them play.

After the exercise, a shower and breakfast I am taking a short going no where car ride. The scenic trip is just to get out of the house.

Enjoy your day
TomO
A28C806A-9BDA-4F28-96BC-21F6473807AD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back