62.9 KB · Views: 142
  • C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_CR5604.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_CR5604.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 138
  • Dash 9 at Cove, Pa (digital pic).jpg
    Dash 9 at Cove, Pa (digital pic).jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 134
Howdy ....

Willie: ....... Thanks for starting the April Coffee Shop.

Competition for China ? ........ I just saw in Facebook, a small company called Motown Models will be selling HO models of Grand Trunk Western GP9R's. The models will be made in Detroit, MI. GTW rebuilt GP9's in its Battle Creek locomotive shop. The engines have new cabs and low short hoods. Photos of models appear to show good quality.

Everybody: .... Have a good day. ... Don'y fall for any April 1st trickery.

Garry, I saw that too. Production of no more then 50, meaning expensive. I like the Genesis drive so that’s a plus.

TomO

Howdy ....

Garry, I saw that too. Production of no more then 50, meaning expensive. I like the Genesis drive so that’s a plus.

Tom O ...... I thought it would be expensive also. ... I don't need more HO locomotives, but this would be interesting to me. For one thing, I like supporting US manufacturers when I can. In this case, GTW is where I worked for many years. I was in the Finance Department as we put together financing for the locomotive rebuilding program at the Battle Creek shops. The GP9R was one type of locomotive that came out of that program. ... On the other hand, my layout is CB&Q in 1962, and the GTW GP9R would have no place. ..... Motown Models FB posts show some impressive custom models of various model locomotives. There were several C&O engines.

Phil ..... If you get a chance, tell Curt I am still praying for his Mom, and I certainly miss seeing his posts here. Thanks.

Everybody ........ Good night

Howdy ....

Tom O ...... I thought it would be expensive also. ... I don't need more HO locomotives, but this would be interesting to me. For one thing, I like supporting US manufacturers when I can. In this case, GTW is where I worked for many years. I was in the Finance Department as we put together financing for the locomotive rebuilding program at the Battle Creek shops. The GP9R was one type of locomotive that came out of that program. ... On the other hand, my layout is CB&Q in 1962, and the GTW GP9R would have no place. ..... Motown Models FB posts show some impressive custom models of various model locomotives. There were several C&O engines.

Phil ..... If you get a chance, tell Curt I am still praying for his Mom, and I certainly miss seeing his posts here. Thanks.

Everybody ........ Good night

Garry,

I hope this is a hit for him as Motown Models will be good for the niche market. I love the model and if I could get an undecorated one I’d buy it. There are a few GP9R’s in the Wausau, Wi. area but are in CN colors which is where I based my modeling on. Definitely a golden age for HO scale modelers.

TomO

Well I reckon it's time to call it a night. Played around with my multimeter tonight. Just to see how many volts it takes to get my locomotives moving. My findings:
Atlas U23B 1V
Atlas GP38 1.5V
P2K GP30 6V
P2K GP7 6V
VP2K GP9 6V
I didnt test amps. I was curious about the voltage draw my locomotives have. I'm gonna say Atlas wins this one. Now I didnt test my Athearns. They are less than my P2Ks but more than my Atlas locomotives. Well with that I'm off to bed. I'll stop by again tomorrow. Yall have a good night.

Good Good Friday Morning to All. Clear and 44° with 0 mph winds. Another day where the NWS got it completely wrong. Once again they were predicting an overnight low in the mid-30's and we got no where near. Nice week coming up, sort of! Temperatures in the 80's starting Monday, but no rain in sight.

Light breakfast for me this morning Flo. Just a bowl of Special K with milk and artificial sweetener.

Thanks to everyone who commented or liked my progress post yesterday; Karl, Troy, Patrick, Guy, Justin, Tom O, Garry, Rick, Tom, Sherrel, Gary.

I only made minor progress out in the train shed yesterday.I decided to run trains instead of project work. I did put the parking stripes down before I picked up the throttle.
IMG_5917.JPG

IMG_5919.JPG

I have a few signs in the works over on the workbench that I hope to install today.

Mikey -
"BTW, I didn't realize you used me as the model for the motorcycle rider in the Motorcycle Repair Shop scene."
I didn't, you are already memorialized on the layout by the mattress factory, named after you because of a suggestion that that was what this structure looked like.
IMG_5903.JPG

IMG_5904.JPG

Guy/Karl - Dual headlights on the Mustang, so that makes it a '69.
IMG_5918.JPG

Garry - I miss Curt as well.
Terry - Some good news about your wife. Prayers continue for a full recovery soon.

Short post this morning as I have a full day planned today, and need to start early.
Everyone have a great day, and a Happy Easter weekend if we don't meet here for a few days.

Well I reckon it's time to call it a night. Played around with my multimeter tonight. Just to see how many volts it takes to get my locomotives moving. My findings:
Atlas U23B 1V
Atlas GP38 1.5V
P2K GP30 6V
P2K GP7 6V
VP2K GP9 6V
I didnt test amps. I was curious about the voltage draw my locomotives have. I'm gonna say Atlas wins this one. Now I didnt test my Athearns. They are less than my P2Ks but more than my Atlas locomotives. Well with that I'm off to bed. I'll stop by again tomorrow. Yall have a good night.
Those Atlas U23B’s are great runners. I have 3.

Guy/Karl - Dual headlights on the Mustang, so that makes it a '69.
View attachment 126590

Willie. You beat me to it. I have several of these, and I was going to post a pic last night but my back was so sore I never made it to the basement last night!

Good morning gang! Started off at 28° this morning, looks to maybe see 45°. The weekend looks much better and into next week. Tomorrow morning there is an early a.m. landfill run to unload a trailer fill of brush and pine branches, then picking up the grandsons 4 wheeler with the trailer and taking to my garage to fix a possible carburetor issue. Then Bud goes to the vet for a checkup. after all that I can retire to the basement!

L8ter gang!!

Mikey -
I didn't, you are already memorialized on the layout by the mattress factory, named after you because of a suggestion that that was what this structure looked like.
Willie- you know that some self-centered people see signs of themselves everywhere.
Since I ride a motorcycle and the physical attributes of your figure are VERY are similar to what I see in the mirror..... lol

Good Morning!
😢 I have been proven wrong by Karl and Willie. It's a '69' for sure. How am I ever going to get through the day now!! 🤣 If the Mustang model shown fit on my layout dreams, I'd be picking one up; but, I'm early '60's, so I may as well put the money to better use.

We have temperatures above freezing now, and have entered into fire season until green-up. Permits are now required if you want to burn anything. I used to burn my dead leaves and grass every year, until one year the fire marshal showed up at my back door. He gave me a warning instead of a ticket. - I haven't burned since then, and now take all refuse to the town compost facility. - Yard litter is turned into free dirt at the compost, that anyone can pick up and use.
Another good sign of spring is that Harley Davidson has come out of hibernation. I don't own one, but, I'm sure the ones who do are filling up government coffers with payments due to the extreme noise levels.

I did go for a long walk yesterday, into the CN staging area. There were only a couple of very short lines of cars available there; the bulk of what was parked there had been picked up and taken away the day before. I did take a few photos of what was available.
Mostly, I kept walking until I reached the rail bridge crossing the mighty Athabaska River. That bridge is a very long way from town, with no road access that I'm aware of. - These photos I took would look a whole lot better if there was a train on it:
AthabascaBrdg_04-01-2021 (1).jpg

AthabascaBrdg_04-01-2021 (8).jpg

I sat out there for a couple of hours, waiting for a train; but, no such luck.
There was a lonely tank car that I walked by along the way. Here is a photo of it:
Tank_PROX 12058_04-01-2021 (1).jpg

And here is a rarity. An almost new, unvandalized Tbox. I wonder how long it will take to be noticed by the criminals:
Box_TBOX 642599_04-01-2021 (1).jpg

Well, that's all I have for today. Thanks for the likes on my past posts.
With Easter, I'm not sure if I'll be in over the weekend, but, I hope you have a wonderful, peaceful long weekend!
Have a good one!

terry, going to her area and not finding her must have been scary,I remember the buggers doing that to my dad,and I thought. He was dead! but I agree it is good news, so glad to here it, we cannot beat death,but by hell we can scavenge ever year,month,week,day,minute and second. Best wishes to you both.I kind of feel sorry for doctors, they have a thankless task in general,we expect them to get it right every time,when. In reality they cannot,you just hope on the day they have enough information to get it mostly right for our loved ones,in my experience some doctors can and do go the extra mileage,all you can do it watch them carefully and call them if they are off their game,makes them more careful in my experience.I have threatened them with legal action, and would have,they backed off,my dads notes disappeared but they knew we were watching them like hawks.
However we all end up here one way or another,well unless you pay to be frozen.

60DBCF94-CC3F-4D47-81C4-8A9850C9C207.jpeg

me I’m planning on this...although I I hope to be more stylish than Beetlejuice,and the other half will be cremating me and hoping I can’t haunt him,he says after 35 years he deserves a get out of gaol card free ...grins.
FYI using foam which can be pressed allows those gravestones to sink into the landscape
5C7590FD-C858-46CA-B8B7-27E0A95801DF.jpeg

Terry, glad the wife has been moved but they should have let you know. Happened to me in 2011, last second decision they moved me and never told my wife, she was rightly furious.

My second Pfizer shot was fine and 20 hours later I am still ok.

I finished the wheel sets weathering and installing the new wheels into the trucks. Today I will weigh the rolling stock and add if needed.

I doubt this Easter weekend I will be popping in. So, be safe and enjoy however you celebrate.

Guy, those bridge shots look great.

TomO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back