WEEKEND Foto Fun, 29th June 1st July

Rex - geez, at those temps I'm surprised your models don't melt! :eek: Glad you're fixing the problem

Since this area has been out of the temp controlled room, the trackage was only used for through (FAST!:D )traffic. Not a problem for the tough freight guys, but passengers raised "H", always saying "...it's too hot!" or "...or it's too cold!" Danged ole bitties!:D :D

That's a prettyawesome Model! WOW! I'd Imagine it wouldn't be hard at all, what did he use for the Clamshell Bocket though?
The clamshell was part of another Kibri kit:
http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/405-10562
I didn't bother showing that exact one because it's O.O.P and hard to find. There are other scale-model clamshells available in the Walthers catalog though, you could substitute one of those for the dragline bucket.

Since this area has been out of the temp controlled room, the trackage was only used for through (FAST!:D )traffic.
Oh I get it, sorta like swishing your finger thru an open flame on a candle!;)

Rex Yeah,, way to go Rex
Chip gotta say i'm pretty pleased with it, the sun only came out for seconds

Ken, nice digs! Nice photos, Steve. The day looks like it was challenging at times.

Speaking of challenging...:D

Challsmoke.jpg

Hi folks! Some interesting photos here as always.

I've spent what little time I have had available this week working on buildings for the business district at Hopewell Junction.

This block of stores is made from a Walther's kit. The brick is the most awful sick red color I have ever seen, but unlike most of their other plastic stuff, it doesn't seem to let light through. The building doesn't have that atomic glow when lighted and since it was to be painted anyway.....

HopewellTestFit06w.png

Some shots of the buildings as they will probably end up on this lift out section (if I can indeed engineer it to make it removable).

HopewellTestFit07w.png

HopewellTestFit05w.png

HopewellTestFit04w.png

HopewellTestFit03w.png

HopewellTestFit02w.png

I figure I am about 20% finished with this area. I have a lot of fitting, shaping, painting etc. to still do here, but it is nice to finally get started on this section.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took some pictures of my SD70MAC on my diorama that I am working on. I also included a picture of my in progress boxcar.
img6493ts6.jpg

img6499uf6.jpg

img6501io8.jpg

img6510ui0.jpg

img6516sz4.jpg

Enjoy!!!

-Smoke

busy busy

Looks like you have been busy Steve, its good to see young blood coming into the hobby !! :D

The only time mine take an interest is if they think asking questions can delay bedtime !

Ive been weathering ballast and building the shell of RJR TMD

depotshell.jpg

depotshell1.jpg

depotshell2.jpg

depotshell3.jpg

John
RJR

The PRR. I'm stuck on the backdrop on the Rock Ridge and Train City. My wife promied to help, but she's gone for 2 weeks on vacation. I just said the heck with it.

Back