Running Bear's January 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, y'all. 32° and sunny. I'm happy with this tranquil winter... The visit to the Cardiologist went well. He did change one of my BP meds, and told me to reduce my coffee intake. Otherwise, I'm good through May. He is convinced that the majority of the swelling in my left leg is due to water, and not DVT or last summers knee replacement. (I also have swelling in the right leg).

Ray: That NZ steamer does look very American. BTW, the CNJ Pacifics were not only used in the coastal flat lands, but in the Mountainous portions of NJ and Pennsylvania. That might explain why they were so large.

Karl: That GP9 shell is nice...3D printing is starting to come of age.

Justin: The Sea of Blue looks great.

Tom: Hope the family members recover quickly...

I just hope the state stops screwing around with the vaccination program, before we catch it...The chart, in yesterdays NYT, shows only 4% have been vaccinated, so far...they are hung up waiting for the "Emergency Services" employees to be completed, and believe it or not there is a very high percentage of these most likely to be exposed people who are refusing to be vaccinated...WTF? CDC just changed the protocol for vaccination to "speed" things up, so now it's all on the Governor... My Township has the highest infection rate in the County, and possibly the state.

Willie: Wow...2025 for a estimated completion date...wow! Of course, the precision involved, takes more time, and the results are great.

Chet: Good to hear that your Molly is settling in.

Think we are going to have to take Molly, our Kitty, to the Vets....she's not eating or drinking, and rather stressed. Since she's an indoor kitty, it's unlikely that she picked up anything marauding like an outdoor cat might.

I haven't done anything in the train room since Saturday, too much going on right now.

PRR E8 #4267 Date and photographer unknown.jpg

Faded slide of PRR 4267 in post 1966 scheme, possibly at South Amboy. PRR purist may cringe at this, but this is my favorite PRR passenger scheme.

PC #571 at Renovo in 1969.jpg

PRRR # 4267 on train #571 at Renovo, PA sometime in the early PC era. Photographer and exact date unknown.

Good morning, y'all. 32° and sunny. I'm happy with this tranquil winter... The visit to the Cardiologist went well. He did change one of my BP meds, and told me to reduce my coffee intake. Otherwise, I'm good through May.

Didn't I tell ya that yesterday?? Could have saved ya the trip! ;) 😁

I must confess though, I am guilty of partaking of the fruit of the bean a little too frequently myself. ☕

Good morning. It's 52* at 9:30 ,should hit 69* later.
Seven years ago,today I was being sliced,diced and spliced. Got rid of the blob of cancer in my esophagus. No radiation or chemo..
Glad to be here. One of the nicest places in the world.
Hope/wish all are well and warm. Keep posting those pictures.
Phil

Patrick, do you need the whole set, or just pieces?? I'll dig through my handrails tonight, IIRC I may still have some GP7 parts. I sold off all of my Athearn Geep 7s a while back with parts, but something tells me I still have some. BTW with minor modification, Atlas "yellow box" GP7 handrails and Front Range plastic handrails will fit.

Sorry, It's a GP9, not GP7.
I need the long and short railings. The stanchions from a wrong model are the same and I have the front and rear end railings on the model. I can adapt the headlight lens and horn from another kit. The horns are actually still showing in stock at Athearn.

Sorry, It's a GP9, not GP7.
I need the long and short railings. The stanchions from a wrong model are the same and I have the front and rear end railings on the model. I can adapt the headlight lens and horn from another kit. The horns are actually still showing in stock at Athearn.

Patrick, If its an Athearn "blue box", it's a GP7. Athearn miss labeled them as GP9s . No matter, as they are Identical except for the battery box vents.

Sure wondering if GUY is a free-man, or a poor man this morning?

Thankyou for the concern, Sherrel! It was just a voluntary payment ticket, no big deal!
Anyway, I went to the courthouse prepared for a quick kangaroo type court trial, and was met with a big sign on the door. 'Court House Closed' due to Covid19 restrictions.
So, I phoned the main court house in Stony Plain for an update. As soon as they are able to set things up and get back to me, we are going to have the trial by telephone! - 🤣 I'm betting they are greedy enough to gather people up for a conference call, and waste a whole pile of resources just to get the try for a lousy $600 dollar bill. I'm also betting they loose; I have developed a fine defense; fully equal or greater with the reek of bullshit that they can fork out.

Good Morning, everyone!
Just a quick coffee, please. I need to get outside and shovel because it snowed overnight, and I'm already running very late. As a matter of fact; just looked out the window, and it's still snowing! It's 29°F right now; so I need to get the snow off before it starts melting and gets heavy.

I'll have to catch up later, friends! A quick scan through proves there a lots of good photos an interesting thoughts.
Sorry I don't have a photo prepared right away; I'll have to post double the usual photos later on.

Have a great day!

Morning fellers. Spent last night cleaning locomotive wheels. Everything is back to normal. Should be good for another few months. The sea of blue that has garnered likes is more than likely going to be the norm on my layout. C&O hoppers are a plenty on ebay. Chessie hoppers not so much. Atleast not in the price range I'm looking for. With my recent purchase earlier it puts my C&O hopper fleet in a good status to have extra if needed. I figure I can with adding or removing a locomotive go between the 1960s and 1974. That's a good period of time with some flexibility. So essentially I can still run my chessie on my layout. Would be early chessie but it would be something to look into. I have some chessie hoppers that aren't a pain that actually run really good. I'm conflicted on my time period and which way I wanna go with my fleet. I had actually thought about putting up a poll for it. However I will more than likely just change what I run when I feel like it. Run chessie or run C&O or run both! It's a win win and works out good. Thanks to everyone for the comments and likes on my layout pics. I dont have any new ones to share this time. Perhaps later on this evening I'll take a few and share with yall. That's all I have for now. I'll stop by again later.

Good morning. A windy day here with high wind warnings ahead of a front moving in. Showing some precipitation moving in quickly from the north.

Willie - Like seeing the diagram of your layout. Give a good idea of what you're doing. As usual. like the photos.

Joe - Nice shot of the Pennsy F units.

Justin - Like your blue wave. Those C&O units are sharp.

TomO - I really like the details you've put into your scenery. Well done.

Ray -
I have been watching quite a few videos on the rail systems in Australia and New Zealand. Enjoying them a lot.

Karl - Good report from the Doc. I should go see the surgeon that did my shoulder replacement. Should have gone last June but passed because of the mask requirements. The arm is great, and is now the "good" arm

Here some more photos from the archives.

20181028_163839.jpg

20181111_162444.jpg
20181111_162132.jpg

20181111_162643.jpg

20181120_130311.jpg
20181111_164722.jpg
20181113_080633.jpg
20181123_124530.jpg

Gotta go, Later.

Good afternoon, 39 and partly sunny.

Thanks for the likes and comments!

I got some more done on my Autocar kerosene delivery truck last night, I will have a photo tomorrow. I have a similar kit to assemble next, which is similar but a stake bed instead of the tanks.

Justin
- more nice Locomotive photo's

Chet - the dogs look great!

Patrick - 60 sounds nice.

Willie - another nice batch of layout photos.

Here is today's layout shot:

_MG_5612.jpg

It is my old repair shop and servicing center.

more later, Dave

Afternoon All,

Today I finished the Company Store and weathered it. I decided to put on corrugated roofing instead of the provided roofing. I started the AMB church today painting the inside walls black and the exterior with A&I. I painted the trim a sea gray color. I also shot a video of the mainline. I should of been slightly slower and I'm not sure why it's not clearer since it was shot in 1080p (whatever that means) video.

Chet- Great looking home and layout photos.

Karl- Looks like a interesting project.

Justin- I have heard good things about them, but have no experience with them.

Willie- Nice sign and scenes.

TomO- Nice scene.

Joe- Nice photos. I've watched several videos on applying static grass and everyone makes it look so easy. o_O

Phil- I think I told you already but if I didn't congratulations on 7 years.

moermusic- Great bridge shots.

Hughie- Everything looks great.

Dave LASM- Nice layout shot.

Curt Webb Videos - YouTube

20210113_130108.jpg

20210113_130119.jpg

20210113_130128.jpg

20210113_130138.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back