Magazines

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
Out of 3 people that were coming to get these Model railroader & others magazines that I talked about on this forum, no one showed up, so, in the next 2 weeks I'm going to start ripping out the good stuff from the 1st 1949 copy to the 2002 copies & throwing away the rest. I want to thank everyone that said they wanted them & didn't show up, so, I can do my thing, regretfully.

Larry

Darn Larry, I'd LOVE to take them off your hands but picking them up is not much of an option for me.

Darn Larry, I'd LOVE to take them off your hands but picking them up is not much of an option for me.

Hey, How about sending them on a Wal-Mart truck & let you unload them in receiving? we can call it a site to store.

Seems like what happens locally. There is a local YahooGroup called "Freecycle" in which people offer items they no longer want to others for free. Time after time there are posts saying "the person(s) who were going to pick up the item up never showed up, so I am offering it again". I know I offered something a while ago and a fellow contacted me twice saying he was going to pick it up, but never did. Geese, you can't even give things away!

Seems like what happens locally. There is a local YahooGroup called "Freecycle" in which people offer items they no longer want to others for free. Time after time there are posts saying "the person(s) who were going to pick up the item up never showed up, so I am offering it again". I know I offered something a while ago and a fellow contacted me twice saying he was going to pick it up, but never did. Geese, you can't even give things away!

Bob,

Where are you located? If you aren't in the NE PA area, Freecycle isn't as local as you think. They are located all over and I just picked up a couple of boxes of train stuff from a woman on Freecycle here in NE PA. My wife is always getting stuff from Freecycle.

Scott

Out of 3 people that were coming to get these Model railroader & others magazines that I talked about on this forum, no one showed up, so, in the next 2 weeks I'm going to start ripping out the good stuff from the 1st 1949 copy to the 2002 copies & throwing away the rest. I want to thank everyone that said they wanted them & didn't show up, so, I can do my thing, regretfully.

Larry

Hell, I'd take them from you too but driving down to pick them up is a real long drive for me!!!

Scott

Bob,

Where are you located? If you aren't in the NE PA area, Freecycle isn't as local as you think. They are located all over and I just picked up a couple of boxes of train stuff from a woman on Freecycle here in NE PA. My wife is always getting stuff from Freecycle.

Scott

I know Freecycle is worldwide, its a local one that I am referring to. I didn't bother to explain it all out as it was the idea that mattered.

I've decided to sweeten the pot a little. I have about 15 ring binders full of ripouts of mags from 1934 to about 1958 that are about 3 or 4" thick. All the pages are in clear plastic sleeves & some of the sleeves have 2 to 6 pages in each one. They are all set up by: scenery, bridges, steam loco's, elect. loco's, diesel loco's, things to do, freight cars, passenger cars, etc. Some of the catagories have 2 or 3 binders. I have used them many times over the years for referance. There's one on nothing but layout designs.
If someone comes & gets all of these items I figure U will get a value of at least $5000.00 & that's it.

larry

ANY TAKERS in the next 10 days?
I'm home after 2pm & days off from WM are thurs., fri. & sat.
Come on guys & gals!! Someone needs all these mags & binders & would like to truck to my town to pick them up.

Well, Finally found someone to pick up the mags from another forum. He's supposed to be here tomorrow around 4:30pm from Daytona Beach. I'll let everyone know tomorrow evening if he gets here.
Larry

Finally found a guy that is coming this sat. about noon to pick up all the mags & binders. Talked to him on the phone yesterday & he's also interested in buying all my RR hard cover books.
he's from another RR forum & lives on the east coast of Florida.

Larry

The magazines, binders, hard back books, pictures, etc. left today at 2pm for their new home in Daytona Beach.

Larry

Back