Something New is Coming

twforeman

Certified Great Northern Nut
I finally decided to sit down and draw the building I've been wanting to make with my laser cutter. It's a cinder block building that is a feed dealer based off this MRR article.

I really only need about 2" of it because it sits against the backdrop, but I decided to make the whole building and try and sell a few as kits. I think they are going to look pretty nice.

Here are the first three walls and the front dock/porch just finished cutting.

Here is a test fit of the first three walls. This is the back side.

And here is the front side with the dock/porch on it.

I still need to make some more parts and then figure out what details I would want to put in the kit. And make instructions, etc. And I'm waiting for doors and windows to arrive.

Making a laser kit is a bit of work, but I already have a couple ideas for some more kits. This could get entertaining.

Thanks for the kind words all. I think this will turn out pretty neat.

Put me down for one when you get into production.

Willie, I will put you on the top of the list (well, the only one on the list so far. :) )

It will be a little while yet, I need to finish up the parts, write some instructions and figure out what details I want to include in the kit and where to source them. I do have windows and doors coming, so that's a start.

Well, I was considering an initial run of 6 but it sounds like I'd sell out right away! (Not a bad problem to have.)

I'm a little limited by the quantities of parts I can find locally and online. But no matter. I'll make as many as I have parts for and then see if I can get more.

In any case, I am making progress on the kit and I think I have all the bits figured out. I need to paint and assemble one for photos and finish up the instructions still. I should have some for sale in a bit.

A sneak-peek progress photo. I'm still working on this. I have all the parts and am just finishing up the instructions and a completed painted version for photos.

I'm even going to include some printed vintage feed signs and six different store name signs.

Okay, here is the finished model (except I don't have the chimney on the roof.)

I need to finish up the instructions, shoot some glamour photos and laser cut a bunch of parts.

I'm pretty darned happy with the way it turned out though.

Never have built anything laser cut ar etched, but that is a fantastic looking structure! I'm equally impressed it is the first one you made yourself. 👍

Back