Edit titles under user name

Well, I still haven't figured it out either. I followed the instructions that Terry gave in post #4 to no avail. Then I followed Sherrel's instructions in post #10 and the referenced titles were either not where he said they were or not available at all. "Your Account isn't where he said it was and when clicking on it (available in two other places) it does not bring up "Custom Title". It used to because I remember seeing it a few years back. I get the same screen that Ken referenced in post #13. It isn't that I want to change it at the present time, but I would like to know for future reference.

As there does not appear a way for the "Custom Title" to be changed by the individual user --
If someone wants a name change - I will be happy to do it?
Send me a PM with what you would like.

Well, I still haven't figured it out either. I followed the instructions that Terry gave in post #4 to no avail. Then I followed Sherrel's instructions in post #10 and the referenced titles were either not where he said they were or not available at all. "Your Account isn't where he said it was and when clicking on it (available in two other places) it does not bring up "Custom Title". It used to because I remember seeing it a few years back. I get the same screen that Ken referenced in post #13. It isn't that I want to change it at the present time, but I would like to know for future reference.
I was able to change it under the "edit user" section, but I'm not sure if it's because I'm a staff member. Let me know what you'd like it to be.

As a moderator on another site, there are things moderators can do that users cannot. I suspect that to be the case here as well. It may be a permission Bob can set in the moderator panel for the average user to be able to change. That said, I know how to get it changed going forward and as long as the staff don't mind doing the reset, it shouldn't be an issue.

As a moderator on another site, there are things moderators can do that users cannot. I suspect that to be the case here as well. It may be a permission Bob can set in the moderator panel for the average user to be able to change. That said, I know how to get it changed going forward and as long as the staff don't mind doing the reset, it shouldn't be an issue.
How's that, Patrick?
One of the few things I know how to do, LOL.

I changed mine back when this forum was still running the old software. It seems to have migrated over with the change, but I can find no way change it now. Not that I want mine changed. I think it fits me pretty well.

OK, I've change the user group permissions and you should now be able to set your own title.

To be honest, I don't pay any attention to them. They have several features that are designed to promote members posting. The idea is that the more posts you make, the higher "title" you get.

In practice, here's what happens. 99.9% of the members pay zero attention to the titles. Then one day a bored kid shows up, thinks they're cool and posts "Hey, great photo!" 127 times so he can make the rank of "Junior Rocket Commander" in a hurry. I've turned off all of them that I've found, LOL.

You're welcome to change your title as you wish, and you should be able to do it in your own.

BTW, once you reach the rank of "Division Superintendent", you get a year's free membership!

(New here? That rank doesn't exist, and we don't charge for memberships. :) )

Back