Timesaver Shelf Layout

regme

Hi

I have put this layout together and was just after some feed back, good or bad. It's going to be N scale, I was trying to put some sort of elevation into it but I wasn't getting anywhere with that. I have been looking at different freight yards but nothing has been standing out. It's not based on anything, however I think the areas I have do not fit together some how.

Cheers

Plan-01.JPG

It works and will keep you busy / entertained.

I always thought the 3rd street switching area of the West Port Terminal (WT) layout was intriguing. Has the elements of timesaver and differing elevations as well.

You might need to make the fuel depot spur a bit longer to accommodate traffic but otherwise looks good!

Ok looking at it again I’m wondering if the line along the warehouse will have cars spotted? If so it will restrict movement.

I've found the computer models are useless to me. Instead of tinkering with it on a computer, put it together and run it. See if that's what you want.

Make sure you are happy pulling a number of cars around.

No worries.

On a lot of layouts I see this pink foam that is used for track laying shaping landscapes, what actually is it?
It is Corning building insulation. It comes in 4' X 8" sheets in various thicknesses and can be purchased at almost any lumber yard. There's another brand that's blue in color, but not sure who makes that.

Well it's starting to take shape, I have used 6mm dowel rods and 1.25mm tie wire to change the points.

The wiring is done, now for the buildings

Attachments

• IMG_5467.JPG
    IMG_5467.JPG
    771.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_5474.JPG
    IMG_5474.JPG
    618.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_5483.JPG
    IMG_5483.JPG
    579.8 KB · Views: 133
Started work on the first building a warehouse, it's based on a much bigger warehouse, however I'm not sure about the top part of the roof with the exhaust fans, it maybe a bit over board. Also I have one large opening which scales 12m, I'm not if you can span that far, maybe I should stick to 6m

Attachments

• Warehouse-01.JPG
    Warehouse-01.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Warehouse-02.JPG
    Warehouse-02.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 123
The more I looked at, the more the 12m look out of sorts so I've gone 6m. Here's a couple of pics of the progress. Will have to 3D print the exhaust outlets, my scratch build at this scale has a lot to be desired for, actually even in HO.

Are there any thought's on modelling corrugated sheeting in this scale, finding heaps on HO scale.

Attachments

• IMG_5567w.jpg
    IMG_5567w.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5568w.jpg
    IMG_5568w.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 124

Back