Lost in the Woods Switching Layout

while I wait for my turnouts, here is a photo of my C39-8 #8212 that was proto weathered to the Pennsylvania Northeastern #8212.
Loco 1.jpg

Pulled my B30-7 East Penn locomotive out. Atlas Gold Line one. Pictures are foggy from camera being inside 68 degree room then going outside to 92 degrees lol
B30-7b.jpg

I am adding 3" pieces to space out the track as the wye with the two turnouts puts everything too close together and it not only is uncomfortable but not good looking at all.

Wye 1.jpg

Been nuts with all of the work I'm getting and haven't touched anything in days. I have finished the ground work for the second module so 2 of them have foamboard attached. Started receiving my custom trees in and all round coverage has arrived so maybe this weekend I'll have some updates

Section 1 which was the first one I showed is now in the construction phase after playing with tracks plans, getting my trees in and figuring hillsides.

Here are the trees I purchased from Roger at Coastman's. He hand crafts each tree and these are his premium trees in various heights.... The backdrop will be placed behind the hillside. The foam will be covered in my version of mud. No rocks are planned at the time but may experiment some more. A little more carving will take place...

Trees 1.jpg

Trees 2.jpg

Trees 3.jpg

Trees 4.jpg

Anything new to show?

first time on this forum since January 2021. I moved in April to Saint Augustine and during my packing and unpacking, I just put aside all things trains but I have done some redesigning since the room I'm building in has a lot more space on the wall than the prior house.... No longer limited to just 12" from the wall. I'm going out 17.25" from the wall on one side and the other part of the L is undecided until I figure what will work best.

pictures coming end of this week of some updates. Been really busy and haven't progressed much further but there is some...

Sir.... I agree with Rico... your weathering on locomotives and rolling stock looks very good. What do you use? acrylic washes? air brush? powders? Would love to know your techniques.

Sir.... I agree with Rico... your weathering on locomotives and rolling stock looks very good. What do you use? acrylic washes? air brush? powders? Would love to know your techniques.

I am not the one who actually weathered them. I send them off to Shawn at Lake Shore Rail Works. I've worked with him for years. I weather my layout and buildings but he takes care of my locomotives and rolling stock

I am not the one who actually weathered them. I send them off to Shawn at Lake Shore Rail Works. I've worked with him for years. I weather my layout and buildings but he takes care of my locomotives and rolling stock

Do you have contact information for Shawn?

Thanks.

Greg

Back