has anyone purchased a BLI SD40?

wongsing

Wow! It seems like a great deal to buy one of those Broadway Limited imported locos...particularly the SD40-2's that they now offer with sound and DCC...Does anyone have any good insight on them...any pics of those one of those new "Blueline" SD40's would be excellent! Thanks guys!

-Rich

I'd love to get one, I'm sure someone can key info in from an AC6000CW or C30-7 *hint hint* Steve.

I've wanted the BNSF & FURX (ex BN), and a UP AC6000CW for some time now.

Honestly, the only thing better than a BNSF SD40-2 is a Chessie SD40-2 (one of the very few) I still really want to get more details on them...And why are the Blueline SD40's so much cheaper than the rest of their locos? And they have sound!...Makes me kinda wonder what was sacrificed...?

BTW: Josh, I'm an aircraft mechanic too and pretty familiar with C-130's....If I never have to be cramped up next to like 80 joes on one again it won't hurt my feelings...LOL!

-Rich

I have a BLI SD40-2 and C30-7 both have the QSI decoders/sound. Nice detail and awesome sound. The Blueline is DC loco with sound and a DCC plug. The sound decoder is BLI's own brand and without DCC they are cheaper.

I want one too!!

Ken.

BTW: Josh, I'm an aircraft mechanic too and pretty familiar with C-130's....If I never have to be cramped up next to like 80 joes on one again it won't hurt my feelings...LOL!

-Rich
Yeesh, such an infernal beast to use for a passenger plane...

I want to get a AC6000 and paint it for the ever thriving Southern Railway.

-Smoke

The BLI locos seem to be OK, but a lot of people have bad-mouthed them in comparison to the Kato SD40-2s out there. There are some inaccuracies in the BLI model that the bad-mouthers are picking on; and others have picked up on it in the 'me too' vein.

As for me, I did buy a handful of the BLI models, and I do have some Kato models. I have not really put the two side-by-side to see whether the differences are noticeable or not. But, unless it sticks out like a sore thumb in MY eyes, I'm not going to worry about it. Because, in the grand scheme of things, in my little empire, those things (in this case) don't really matter to me.

Kennedy

Kennedy, I'd assume, in my mind, the BLI is better if its got see through fans. thats my MAJOR nit pick with Kato.

yeah,

but I've already got a bad taste of BLI so far with their Blueline stuff! I really wanted one of those Chessie SD40's....I guess they were exclusive and very limited...:( I mean, maybe if I just always had $160 laying around maybe I could've seen what they were all about for myself. I'd still like to see some good quality photos of one if anyone could...you know, just in case someone gives me the chance to buy one used or maybe the re release it...

-RIch

I'd buy BLI SD40-2's if they came painted in Canadian Pacific, rather than just ex-Soo Line SD40-2's.

True, but, well, we'll see, companies are odd in choosing what to do next. They did a BNSF SD40-2 in Cascade green, then an H1, but no War bonnet!?

Oh yeah! They've been in stores (well, some stores) for some time now. I personally checked one out recently. I was VERY pleased with the sounds and the more I think about it, the details were also pretty good.

-Rich

Back