Running Bear's July 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
My plan is called "T-Mobile ONE Unlimited 55" two lines, unlimited talk, text and data for $70 that includes a $10 monthly discount for autopay. No Netflix, but I have that through Comcast.

I have been a T-Mobile customer for so long I cannot remember when. I love T-Mobile! I still have two “pay as you go” legacy lines. As long as I pay $10 per year they remain active. I bought smart phones from Amazon for them and they work for free through Wi-Fi.

I got MLB.TV through the “T-Mobile Tuesdays” app. Every Tuesday they have free giveaways, coupons, and free entries to contests.

My stepson passed on May 15 and it's been nothing but banks, courts, and lawyers since. I just started fixing everything at our house and all of a sudden we have another house that needs the same. We sold it this week and I'm so happy it's gone. At 74 I didn't need a second house to take care of. Maybe now I can get back to playing some golf and model railroading. I found out one thing you cannot stop any automatic bank payments until someone becomes the executor of the estate which takes forever with the virus going on. The bank can't even let you know what bills are being paid. As long as there's money in the account the automatic payments keep going, Phone, Cable TV whatever. Just wasted money being paid out..
George

Last edited:
I just received word that I'm getting a refund from MLB for the 102 games not played this year, as well as coverage for the shortened season. I probably won't bother with any of the games, unless I'm really bored. I get a refund, because I cancelled automatic renewal,or they would have applied it to next season. At least they are making good, for the lost season, which is more than I can say for the NHL.

The regular NHL season is over, and what ever they are planning as a playoff is considered post season, except for conditional trades, where it is still considered regular season until the end of the "play in" round. No refund, and no access to the post season...I hope they go broke and go out of business.

Sorry to learn of Ted Klein's passing. He ran a top shelf operation.

George: Sorry for your loss. Lesson learned is do not set up automatic payments. Hope things work out for you.

Louis: I had a T Mobile phone, back around 1998. They didn't work out. A call from my patio involved roaming, (when they charged for that), and it wouldn't work South of Aberdeen, MD, for some reason. I switched to sprint, and their calls dropped East of the Parkway. Went with Verizon, and never looked back. Even worked in the Hudson Tunnels leaving NYP. Only place I found on the whole east Coast, where Verizon didn't work very well, was at North Myrtle Beach.
Enjoy the Baseball Season, you can follow the Mets... You won't get the O's or Nats, because of the dopey blackout rules, and Saturday Fox and TBS games are blacked out. Gotta protect the cable and TV networks.

If I sound crabby tonight, it's because I am. The body is talking back after yesterday's therapy workout, :mad: ,and a decoder install became much more difficult than it should have been. :mad: Try again tomorrow.

Therapy tomorrow is late, 6 PM, then I turn back for 1140 AM on Thursday. Might have to use a pain pill Thursday...:rolleyes: The therapists are all on reduced schedules right now due to the Virus panic.

Engine 245 Coney Island 2020 Seagrave delivered 7-21-20.jpg

Brand Spankin' New Seagrave, in service for the first time today at E 245 Brooklyn, "The Best Ride in Coney island". Engine 40, Manhattan, got one also. Wonder what that rig costs? Photo courtesy New York Fire Wire.

October 1961 WB MU @ West Side Ave Jersey City.jpg

West Side Avenue, in Jersey City in October 1961. Westbound MU. That's the Western Electric Building in the background. A Blast from the past.

Morning all,

Had to come in early to reboot a server, it didn't want to come back up. Then the server at the data recover center crashed overnight and being a VM took out its data store, so irrecoverably lost, along with the backups. At least it isn't the primary or secondary centers. I also have new host machines coming in within the next week, so I'll rebuild everything on the new host so I'm not doing it twice.

Good Morning One and All. Mostly cloudy and 73°. Weatherman still has thunderstorms in the forecast for this morning, despite the fact that the closest rain is 200 miles away in Arkansas and Louisiana. It doesn't normally come here from there unless there's a tropical storm of some kind pushing it from the Gulf. I am irrigating the garden remnants this morning just to be sure. I still have growing tomatoes, bell peppers and squash, although they are slowly nearing the end.

How about a BLT and some hash-browns this morning Francine. Extra bacon.

Lots of thanks for the many likes and comments yesterday: Louis, Jerome, Tom O, Patrick, Chad, Sherrel, Joe, Justin, James, Garry, Phil, Curt, Tom, Rick, Guy.

Yesterday was an off-day out in the train shed. Mostly I ran some trains for about 90 minutes. I pulled out some LED lighting that I have acquired over the years and I am trying to figure out how it hooks up and works. I understand some of the basics, but I have a few questions to ask.
Meanwhile I admired some of my recent work and added additional feeders to the lighting buss.
Here are some leftover pictures that I took in the last two weeks.
First is an overall shot of the road leading out of Ft Wish to put things in perspective.
07-11-20 006.JPG

Next is the doorman and bellhop at the Ashmore Hotel
07-14-20 013.JPG

Helicopter view of the Ashmore Hotel. Don't remember whether I posted this one or not.
07-10-20 008.JPG

Patrick - Glad that you liked the salsa recipe. Not too hard to make and you can now vary it a bit to suit your own taste.
I agree with you on the sunroof. We bought a 2013 Acura RDX and have never opened it. I am not even sure that I know where the controls are.
Jerome - Interesting crime there. They most likely wanted the parts as Terry posted.
Louis - Cannot say that I ever bought a new vehicle when I was only shopping for brake fluid! I always knew that you were an easy mark when it came to Lionel, but new cars?
I see that you easily found the "Post Reply" button yesterday!;)
Tom O - Very nice start on the first two dumpsters.
Sherrel - I had considered your suggestion regarding an older boxcar, and may still go with one. I would however, have to crawl under the layout to get to all of the roofwalk boxcars and I don't think I have one that hasn't been weathered. The museum volunteers had repainted that one just for display. Despite the removal of the roofwalk, that particular car was built in 1941, so ATSF would have retired it anyway.
George - Belated condolences on the passing of your stepson. Thanks for the warning regarding the automatic pay.
Joe - No pain, no gain. All kidding aside, I hope that the rest of the week is an improvement.

All right, just for Louis, today is National Hot Dog Day. For the rest of us old fogies, it's National Hammock Day. It's also Selena Gomez's birthday, I am not too sure who she is, but she sure looks pretty!
Everybody have a great day.

Morning, FLO and MEL - it's hump day again - although every day around here seems like Saturday?
How about I put in an early order today: Scrambled with Jalapeno peppers, onion and some of that Salsa that Willie dropped off for you yesterday? Throw on a handful of bacon and sourdough toast, thanks.

Supposed to reach 84 today with partly cloudy and breezy. It was an 89 high yesterday and the humidity was higher than normal which made me sweat trying to do some yard work - the place is getting out of control. I have a Gardner, comes once a week, but I am only paying him minimum just to do the mowing and edging. The Spousal Unit does not want him to trim the trees and bushes because he over cuts everything back losing all the flowering bushes. Anyway, neither of us has touched much there and it has become overgrown. Shorting the story - my body thinks this morning that I was trying to hurt it - and it's telling me that.

Have a bunch of other Spousal requests to fill as well, so it;s going to be a busy one today. Later guys!

Good morning from my part of Wisconsin. It is nice on the deck, the predicted severe T-storms never got near us yesterday or last night. The ones scheduled for today are now predicted at 10%. I am recognizing the dogs being walked this morning but it must be guys day to do it. The beautiful ladies don’t seem to be out, hopefully later! Our son said if one of his 2 co-pilots were available for a couple days he would fly up from Austin. This is what I see when I turn around from the modeling bench. Enjoy your day. TomO
98B1BBAE-1348-45B7-B159-39E64DA19A34.jpeg

Good Morning, Everyone.
Starting out the day with a comfortable 54F, but moving into a demobilizing mid-70's come the afternoon. There has been some wicked thunderstorms about the area, and oddly, all that hard rain is hardly enough to lower the body temperature. I am definitely not a summertime person. When it gets this warm, I find myself wishing for a return to the white icing on my front yard, like this:
Winter.jpg

Don't that photo look inviting, as you are getting baked in the heat?
Then, when the snow covers my lawn, I'm wishing for the return of spring. I suppose, I could just do without summer.

Not much modelling going on, I'm afraid. I choose to blame the heat, that makes me want to sit comfortably in the shade with my binoculars. I kinda like birds, as well as modelling. We have a few finches hanging about; still in red breeding plumage. They are too quick to get a photo of with my silly little Canon point and shoot.

Soon, I will be shopping for a printer, so that I can print some building business signs. Never done anything like that before, so it is a learning process. What is better, a laser printer? or the ink-jet?
This is a sign type for a business that I want to print:
RoyalBank_logo17.jpg

I need that sign for the front of a DPM building I've ordered.

Anyway, just thought I'd blab a-bit. Time to get on with it, though. Have a great day everyone!

National Hotdog Day!!! I know what I am having for dinner!!! Thank you, Willie!!!
1595429320035.png

Anybody born on National Hotdog Day is ok in my book.

I do know of Selena Gomez from an old Disney show my grandsons used to watch. She was a young girl, then, let me see what she looks like now.
Wow, she is even prettier now!
1595429588207.png

Back for a moment!
TOOT - Thanks for posting that about the B-747. I have about 8 years on that "creation" ... I should have stayed around for another 5 years on it, however, I took early retirement a year before the loss of the a/c out of JFK in 1996 which - more or less - sounded the bell for the demise of TWA along with the raiding done by Ican stealing all the assets of the company. The "74" was a dream to fly and a very comfortable a/c passenger wise - you had room to move around - not packed in like today's airlines. Nothing gets your blood flowing like a max gross weight take-off (775,000 lbs) from Athens-JFK on a hot summer day where we used to blow the dust off of the overrun at the far end of the r/w.

JOE - Hope that my widdle prayer did you some good this morning - hope you are feeling better?

GUY - That's a very pretty picture - reminds me of living on the Western slope of Colorado in the early 70's except that person would be wading in 18-24 inches of that "white stuff". Sure was pretty to see until trying to shovel the car out!

TOM -- I did not comment before, but I sure like that "stage curtain" around your layout. It really sets it off!

LOUIS - Nice photo - always enjoy looking at a pretty lady!

WILLIE - I'm just partial to the SF cars with the map on the side - plus I am just not a fan of today's HUGE locomotives and Loonggg freight cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back