Jerome's Switcher Roster V 3.0

I will be making 2 different versions here, both will be "B" units and powered. The ideas came from Karl and Bob Bordeaux.

20191128_161425.jpg
20191128_161434.jpg

Newest addition to the fleet of crittters. Been looking at these for a while now. ;)

View attachment 43451

Hiawatha Hobbies in Peewauke, Wi. has the Scaletrains version with Dcc and sound for 120 and I am thinking of pulling the trigger today. I would strip and paint to my railroad. The switcher IMO has lots of character?

TomO

monday edit: Sorry ST does not make any 4 axle locos and I know that. What I ordered from Hiawatha this morning was the Athearn Genesis version of the MP15AC.

Last edited:
TomO: I been think I getting a Scale Trains locomotive, but didn't know that Hiawatha sold the Scale Trains models. I think I supported Hiawatha Hobby when they were located in Waukesha, Wisconsin in their smaller store, but I only been to the new store once or twice. I friend of mine works there part time.

Hiawatha Hobby is only a short drive from my home.

Greg

TomO: I been think I getting a Scale Trains locomotive, but didn't know that Hiawatha sold the Scale Trains models. I think I supported Hiawatha Hobby when they were located in Waukesha, Wisconsin in their smaller store, but I only been to the new store once or twice. I friend of mine works there part time.

Hiawatha Hobby is only a short drive from my home.

Greg
70 miles to Hiawatha’s front door for me! We r neighbors! They have at least 144 ST locomotives listed as stock. IMO they are one of the better shops around. What Lombard Hobbies has better then Hiawatha is a more organized store.

TomO

Last edited:
Blue, with a black top, seems to be catching on. Maybe MRL will have to do something different to their's to stay ahead. Something like this would lift them nicely as one modeler has done.
1595203541604.png

Or another color variation on the top (or top and bottom) as their Canadian sister, SRY seems to have done to delineate a mother and slug pair
SRY 135 working near the SRY Trapp Yard underneath the Queensborough Bridge in New Westminster, British Columbia. Usually used as the control cab paired with SRY 121, today SRY 135 is being run remotely from the control slug. (January 21, 2018)
1595205071048.png

And the full picture of both.
1595205182095.png

Back