Everyone doing okay? What's going on here?

ianacole

Have folks not been getting enough sleep lately, or has the isolation been causing people to forget how to be decent to one another? More than one thread lately has included what I would consider to be less than civil posts. There's enough anger and aggression going on in the outside world. Can we try to keep this place friendly, please? I need this sanctuary.

... Can we try to keep this place friendly, please? ...

socks.jpg

Have folks not been getting enough sleep lately, or has the isolation been causing people to forget how to be decent to one another? More than one thread lately has included what I would consider to be less than civil posts. There's enough anger and aggression going on in the outside world. Can we try to keep this place friendly, please? I need this sanctuary.

My experience has been that 95% of the time people post on internet forums to either voice strongly held opinions or to "vent" , A lot of the time they don't even read the other posts . But then who has the time or the bandwidth to read 38 pages of posts.

I try not to post on a subject more than twice if the other person is unreceptive to an idea.

As far as the outside world goes , I have a simple way of dealing with that , I deprogrammed all the major networks out of my TV .

ianacole: Over the weekend while at the cabin, the wife and I went to a country bar and grill in the middle of nowhere, well it was in West Bloomfield just north of Brushville and the bar had mostly individuals who were over 70 just folks drinking their glasses of tap beer or highballs and talking about the chicken BBQ that was sponsored by the local fire department earlier that morning and how it used to be back when.

One joke that had the bar laughing was about the church had problems with the fellow who passed the collection plate stealing money from the collection every Sunday. So the Pastor replaced him with a one arm man.- Shared by a guy in his late eighties.

Pleasant way to spend a warm afternoon with people just being nice to each other and no arguing.

1593461680358.png

Greg 🤬

Last edited:

Back