Running Bear's June 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I need some help here. I have this light housing from a 70 ton switcher. The openings are exactly 7" wide. Where would I find a couple of clear lenses for it? Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

20200623_203414.jpg

Would it be worth trying somewhere that replaces headlights for trucks, buses etc, which are more likely to use the old 7" sealed clear Hi-beams. Might have a couple of blown ones. Or you could get some new ones and wire them up as burglar protection that fires them up if they enter the train room. Even better if you oscillate them.

Guys, I need some help here. I have this light housing from a 70 ton switcher. The openings are exactly 7" wide. Where would I find a couple of clear lenses for it? Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 114709

Good Morning All. Clear and 67°. I was tired of getting up to the sound of rain on the roof. Didn't even make 80° yesterday, forecast is for maybe 90° for the next ten days, kinda cool for this time of year here. Collected an additional 0.75" of rain yesterday, for a five day total of just over 6".

How about a couple of sausage, egg and cheese breakfast biscuits this morning Flo. Large OJ to wash it down.

Thanks for yesterday's likes and comments guys; Jerome, Phil, James, Patrick, Guy, Garry, Louis, Tom O, Curt, Sherrel, Tom, Karl.

Another day of odds and ends in the train shed yesterday. I revisited a past project when I uncovered a sign that I had printed a few months ago for Mikey's Mattress Manufacturing; in response to a suggestion from Mikey regarding a rail-served background structure that I built for another scene.
06-23-20 002.JPG

I mounted it to a piece of .020" styrene before mounting it to the building. Since this was new track in this area, I am still in the "test it out" stage, hence no scenery yet.
Thanks again for the suggestion Mikey.
I also started assembly of some Walther's modular walls to use as a simple background structure in the CUP scene that I am presently working on. This I painted a different color that the above structure.
06-23-20 004.JPG

After weathering and window installation.
06-23-20 008.JPG

Today I'll install the clear glass. It will just be a generic background building with no particular purpose. I'll be making another with DPM walls for variety.
I am at a pausing point in the current project, the Charlottesville Urbanization Project (CUP), while I contemplate what I am going to do there next. I have a couple more background buildings that I have printed to add to the scene, but I have run out of suitable structures to use for the rest. I have a planned visit to the LHS Friday as well as a pending purchase of some surplus kits from a fellow modeler that should take care of some of my needs. Meanwhile I will spruce up Honest Sam's Used Cars and continue with ground cover where I can.
Then of course, sometime in July, I will start on the next quarterly layout cleaning segment, which may include some major stuff.

Guy - No catfish in the front yard. Most years that pond actually dries up completely (or soaks into the surrounding ground) and I have just a big empty crater out there. Don't know where the frogs and turtles go while that happens, but they always return.
Garry - I too met Jeffrey on a different forum, I think it was the original Gauge. He was a prolific poster on a lot of other forums including his own "Rails of the World", which he started about six months before his death. On our vacation trips to Gulf Shores AL, we passed about 25 miles east of his home near Alexandria LA and we had a side trip planned to visit when he abruptly stopped answering my E-Mails. Found out here about his passing a few weeks later. He had apparently gotten worse and entered the hospital and stopped communicating. This was late 2014 if I remember correctly. I still miss him.
Louis - Glad to read that Angela is safe.

Everybody have a great day.

View attachment 114709
I know someone who may have what you need. I just sent him your picture. His name is Harvey Henkelmann, he is on a lot of FB switcher clubs. He is a road engineer for CSX as well. He is well known for restoring diesel horns etc. I know him well from our days running around Florida when I lived there.

Terry, they had a clear lens on them like this. I got the engine wrong, it is off an SW1.

lrs2.jpg

Good Morning all,

It's so late for me this morning I'll have a double BLT and some of those cottage fries Mel makes, with a large diet Coke. Thanks Flo!

In late this morning as I had a dental cleaning last evening which resulted in my needing a crown on another tooth. So after checking in with the finance person, she reminded me that today was payday and to get it done, so I had an 8:00a coronation appointment and was in too work late.

I think at this point I have very few back teeth without crowns.

Willie: I agree that Jeffrey is missed. While I only knew him from here originally, I was a member of his Trains of the World site and had sold him some of my excess estate sale finds. He was good people! What he was able to do with what he could find......

Terry, they had a clear lens on them like this. I got the engine wrong, it is off an SW1.

View attachment 114715

I found a source.....

But you will need to check various dimensions....

Here is a specifications page.... go to page #18 for locomotives.

Other sites....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back