JTEX A switcher junkyard

Just one more ditty: Since I've learned not all your locos are depicted as being junk; that some are waiting repair, perhaps just the title "Switcher Junk Yard" is misleading. Because that's what caused me to believe was its sole function..
Perhaps, other than giving the entire facility a name' like "Stanton yard " or "Fletcher yard", call its function a 'loco maintenance yard [or facility]'.
I only say this because I believe 1:1 scale RRs don't use the term 'junk yard'.. And all completely burned out equipment goes to a bone or scrap yard...

The last two 3 way switches are in. That completes all track work. Not too bad for under a months time.

20200618_194326.jpg
20200618_194331.jpg

Are you going to put track on those shelves? Or just set the locomotives on the wood? Or are you going to go crazy and put ballasted track on the shelves? :p
No I'll pass on putting track on them. I plan on putting I small piece of trim to the front edge of each shelf. That will keep anything from sliding off. We get a lot of vibrations around here from the Army shooting off artillery. I've already lost a Big Boy to falling off of a 7' shelf.

No I'll pass on putting track on them. I plan on putting I small piece of trim to the front edge of each shelf. That will keep anything from sliding off. We get a lot of vibrations around here from the Army shooting off artillery. I've already lost a Big Boy to falling off of a 7' shelf.
Ouch. That must have stung when you found that Big Boy on the floor.

Why build a large display shelf when all or most will eventually be sitting in the junkyard full time, the shelf empty ?..
I can't imagine the grand total value of all those engines. Personally, I'd rather have 4 engines and a new Mercedes...🌵 🛤☀

Last edited by a moderator:

Back