JTEX A switcher junkyard

Got 2 of the 3 tracks for the crane facility installed and completed 2 tracks from Allied Rail Rebuilders.

20200605_172314.jpg

Yeah they do look a wee tight, what’s the spacing?
I think 1.5” to 2” is the norm.
Of course now if you get rid of those ugly green units clogging up the rails you'd have more clearance, but where to send them to...
hmmm... 🤔
I purposely made them tight. Still doing the math on fitting all of these critters on the layout. ;) yeah I figured you would like those mean greenies. Except for 7050, you wouldn't like that one. It got a Boo Boo.

20200607_194124.jpg

Of course now if you get rid of those ugly green units clogging up the rails you'd have more clearance, but where to send them to...

As far as this FRISCO fan is concerned: guillotine, guillotine, guillotine!

Except for 7050, you wouldn't like that one. It got a Boo Boo.

Not a big enough one - looks like it still has life; another boolit is needed! :rolleyes:😂

Sherrel, I will stay out of the Frisco/BN debate. I have both in SW's. 7050 will get more damage applied to it eventually. I'm thinking that Allied Rail Rebuilders will be the fix up shop for the wrecks I make.

OK, new box of track came in a day early. I got 3 more storage tracks laid today. I am building the transfertable now and also decided to eliminate the 2nd transfer table in front of the large blue maintenance shop building. I will use a 3 way switch to feed into that. I found a gentleman that had 3 Walthers code 83 pre-DCC 3 way switches new in the box still. I got them for $100. Pretty excited about that.

20200611_154424.jpg

Back