Running Bear's May 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I knew without looking who posted that!

I don't have a tomato report, the next door neighbor grow enough for the neighborhood. I did build SWMBO a planter a few weeks ago for mothers day. In it she has Romaine lettuce,, Bell peppers, sweet basil, spearmint, some kind of cabbage and yellow squash.
View attachment 113716

10 years of living at this house, I've not wanted to till up the grass to plant a garden. This is odd because growing up, we grew everything in a half acre sized garden!
That's great work Karl!

How are you feeling?

PRR - Baltimore Division
1590309732358.png

Good morning gang!
Flo, lets start with some blueberry pancakes and sausage.
Feeling good this morning, woke up and nothing hurt. Maybe I'm dead? Today is adoption day for the furballs. They are eating wet food, litter trained and ready!
received_175448240521774.jpeg

They were alot of work, but alot of fun too. Bud the dog and Desi the cat will be glad to get the couch back.
received_294847441529958.jpeg

We still have not been able to catch the mother cat, and our neighbor texted us a picture this morning of a different cat with a kitten in our back yard. Good greif!!
Be back later, nature calls.

Good Morning All. Partly cloudy and 65°. A brief but relatively quiet thunderstorm passed by around 1:00 am that left me 0.2" of rain in the gauge. Thunderstorms are still in the forecast for the next ten days with high temperatures rarely reaching above 80°. Humidity right now is 97%, Ugggh!☹ There's absolutely no wind.
Once it dries out today, I need to remove all of the lettuce, spinach and broccoli plants from the garden. They're all done for the spring and have served their purpose. I only processed one batch of frozen spinach; that's all that I planned on. Just no room in the freezer right now for more. I also need to start the onion/garlic/shallot harvest this week, as all of the tops have died back and fallen over. Typically I will leave them on top of the ground for a week or so to dry out before clipping the tops and storing them for the summer in a warm dry place. Looks like this year, they'll stay on top of the ground just long enough to wash the dirt off before moving under the shelter of the train shed porch to dry before processing and final storage.

How about some of Mel's Memorial Omelet this morning Flo. Please add a handful of bacon on the side.

Thanks for the likes and comments on the progress on Earl's Oil, and also for the likes on the garden progress yesterday; Chet, Guy, Sherrel, Bob, Karl, Joe, Hughie, Phil, Garry, Jerome, Curt, Chad, Dave, James.

Here's yesterday's progress pictures from the train shed.
Everything laid out in what I intend to be close to the final plat.
05-24-20 005.JPG

Close up showing the interior that cannot really be seen.
05-24-20 006.JPG

Close up shows that I have a bit of fixing to do on the outside toolbox!:mad:

Bob - I like your local scenery pictures. My area is relatively flat and trees only exist along the banks of waterways for the most part.
Sherrel -
WILLIE - What style of roof is that - don't think I have seen that before?
That's known as a weight on the rafters to hold them in place while the glue dries.:cool:
Chad -
We grew them in pots in the back yard since we just rent this place.
My friend who lives in an apartment takes bags of potting soil, pokes a few holes in the bottom for drainage, and puts small slits in each end to plant two plants/bag. He does this on his balcony.
Karl - Very nice looking planter. Watch the spearmint though, it will overrun the whole thing on all levels.

Indianapolis 500 today. Cheer from home!
Everyone have a great day.

Indianapolis 500 today. Cheer from home!
I think I just saw that the "Coke-Cola 600" was going to be run today?

Well, It's a given that I didn't know - or pay attention - about the date that Memorial Day is observed?
Not good on my part as my former SIL in D.C. has/had an uncle (Marine) who was killed in Vietnam, buried in Arlington and has his name on the wall in the Pentagon as a Medel of Honor winner as he died while providing covering fire and saving the majority of his squad after being ambushed ... and I also have a step-cousin who was killed by friendly fire in the Desert Storm invasion of Kuwait. There are many military folks in my extended family going back all the way to the civil war! Stories from the past talk about my great, great grandfather "not being right in the head" after returning from somewhere?

GUY - I think maybe your tomato plants will make it?
Willie - Your garden always amazes me to no end!
KARL - Thet is really a gem of a photo of BUD and the kitty!

Everyone have a great day -- trying to get the RV loaded for leaving at 3 am in the morning for Northern CA.
It will be a zoo ... Me, MOH, Daughter, Son, another G-Son, and FOUR dogs in about 200 sq feet for a week!

Willie, I would have loved your photos, but that graffiti... My railroad police are instructed to arrest, with extreme prejudice, any caught spraying painting my trains! I did love the other photo, but I could not bring myself to click it.

Bob, the power of suggestion was too much for me. I preordered this Lionel 120th Anniversary Northeast Caboose.
1590337485859.png

I think it's going to look great working with my, Lionel 6-18858 Centennial GP-20 Diesel w/TMCC RailSounds
1590337601024.png

Holler if you get near Grass Valley!
DAVE -- I have been trying to bend the route to fit? Maybe not this "swing-up", but don't think for a minute that I don't think about it everytime I look at the map!
When we make our extended trip to Yellowstone and up CHET"S way - I will definitely fit you in on the route. I would like to make the train trip with you guys - maybe I can talk the Spousal Unit into doing it down the road?
She wants this trip to be for daughter and G-kids as they have never seen a redwood tree and we have a campground on the Eel River at Myers Flat, bikes and all.

Louis -- I like those colors - Lionel for sure!

Willie, I would have loved your photos, but that graffiti...
My layout is a microcosm of the world that I live in. Like it or not, graffiti is a part of railroading, albeit illegal vandalism, during the era that I model. I personally think that graffiti artists are stupid and are risking their lives doing their artwork. But it is what it is. We each have a choice whether or not to include it on our models. I personally do not like shiny plastic freight cars. Things are different for Lionel collectors and I respect their preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back