A Re-Introduction

WigWag Workshop

Hey Der Folks!

I may have did an introduction when I first joined, but it's been awhile. So, here's a little about me.

I was born and raised in SE Wisconsin, and moved to Central Ohio about 17 years ago (I do miss Wisconsin). I have a lot of hobbies, has I like to learn new things, and I try to incorporate the different hobbies in with each other. My hobbies include, woodworking, scroll sawing, woodturning, model railroading, creating dioramas, building model kits, slot cars, geocaching, and going trackside to watch and take pictures of real trains, Shortwave and Scanner Listening. I also have a General Class Amateur Radio License. Also like spending time with my 7 year old Grandson, he does enjoy time in the workshop with "Pappy".

-Steven

What sort of slot cars. I have Model Motoring from the 1960s'. I've worn out several cars! I also have the newer digital 1:24th slotless.

I don't understand geocaching. One goes out and hunts up places other people have been?

HO Scale Slot Cars, I have been buying all sorts of track to create a "Layout". The slotless digital has my attention, something I may do in the future.

Geocaching - I got into Geocaching has a form of exercise and getting outdoors. Basically, it's a treasure hunt, most caches have trinkets in them that you can take. There is a visitor log that you sign, and you also leave something, I leave a Matchbox car, or something railroad related. You use an app on your phone (or a dedicated GPS) that has the location, so you can find it by using your phones GPS. There are some cleaver caches that may require you to solve a puzzle or a riddle to find the exact location, since GPS will only get you to the general area. They have a difficult rating, some may even require you climb a tree to get to it.

-Steven

Back