Running Bear's April 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! US Railroads should put the engine model number in as part of the running number like the Japanese and Europeans do :)

Here are some examples. In Japan the running numbers seem to be model number-XXXX . Here is an EF210 locomotive example

A Japanese EF66 example

In Europe they tend to have a format of Model - XXXX - check digits

Here is a DB BR101 example

101_043-8_in_Nürnberg.jpg

Here is a private company Railpool BR186 -- it does not have the check digits on the front. May have the complete number on the side.

Thanks. I had no idea. I don't know where in the area their actual operation is but they have a track that comes out of some trees and fields (from some sort of light industrial park area IIRC) and then parallels the road a bit in West Jordan UT. Looking at their locations on their website they have a bunch of Utah locations.

What am I? Chopped liver? I feel discriminated and left out! :eek::D:D:p:p

Sherrel: What??? You think yer a New Yawker or somethin? :D:D:D:D Yer startin to sound like da Mayor!

Not only is it a Shark, but a 6 wheel Shark to boot! I wish 1 could have been saved!!
as for the GG1,

Karl: As for the GG1...outstanding! In addition to being a Railroad Center, a sand mine, and a pseudo Bayshore Resort, South Amboy was a bit of a Peyton Place. It was also the home of the Raritan River Railroad, (RRRR). Jersey's answer to the Canton RR, except that it was absorbed by Conrail in 1983. The BP20 (BP6-6-2000) and it's double cabbed, baby faced CNJ cousin both made a splash on the NY&LB trains from the Jersey Shore to the Banks of the Hudson. Classy, rare, unique diesels that did not last long enough. In the early 60s, I would occasionally see them passing by on the Bowie Race Train, especially on Saturday, when it ran in two sections.

PRR BP20 5782 running up MU Yard Lead 03-07-1964.jpg

The crossovers were always hand thrown, a switch tender was employed during peak times to assist the road crews. Red shanty on the left is the switch tenders

Ok, I'm a bit verbose tonight. Comes with Sequestration, Quarantine or what ever you want to call it. I di not see any new numbers today, but we learned from the LTC Facility, that the MIL has the Covid - 19 Virus...Supposedly, a mild case...(For some perverse reason, we are not surprised).
Today, they also added additional symptoms that might indicate you may have been infected.

Meanwhile, the Governor has ordered State Parks and Golf courses opened by next Tuesday, and The Township is opening parks on Saturday...
Can the beaches be far behind? So, is it all about over, or are we just going to ignore it now, after being obsessed wit it for the last seven weeks or so????

Chet, nice photos, Curt, thanks. Nice progress on the interior of the mine. Garry: Nice photos of your bench work. Good carpentry! Bob: Happy Birthday! I'm sure I missed someone, so I'm sorry. The volume here is great, with lots of diverse interest.

BTW: The crossover build failed! :(. The 19° crossing is nothing like the ones pictured in the articles. Upon re-reading, the articles features code 100
elements. There is too much plastic on the code 83 crossing. I am going back to plan B, which is a pair of separate crossovers. This is the junction, between the two freight lines, and the passenger terminal viaduct. This way, I'll be able to maintain code 70 trackage instead of using code 83.

I think I'll save the photos for the May 1 Coffee Shop.

later.

The DB motor looks like an NJT ALP
View attachment 47458

There is a reason for that. The DB BR101 is the parent for the Bombardier ALP-46 used by NJ Transit. Adtranz in Germany developed the DB Class 101 (BR101 -- BR means Baureihe which is approximately "Class") which went into service in 1997 pulling IC (InterCity) fast long distance trains. Adtranz became a part of Bombardier (max speed 220 kmh / 137 mph). Bombardier then based their US ALP-46 for NJT on that. The ALP-46 handily outweighs the BR101 though due to US safety regulations.

The Bombardier TRAXX line of European locomotives is another development of the BR101.

The ALP-45DP is a further Bombardier development of the ALP-46 and is related to the TRAXX as well.

My favorite is the BR147, a TRAXX 3 (AC3) based locomotive. Looks similar to the TRAXX last mile shown on the TRAXX Wikipedia page, which does not show the AC3 family itself (but the German Wikipedia does https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_Traxx#Traxx_3 ).

Last edited:
Dang- The termites are swarming! Happy Birthday, BOB!

LOUIS -
We could have had a grand ole time. I have wondered many times how my life might have turned out had I stuck with the baseball? I had the eye of a couple scouts from Milwaukee and the Dodgers! Still dream of it on occasion.

For the next portion of the shut-in - I want to request a change of scenery ... is it possible to make this request? Something by the seashore would be preferred.

Ok, I'm a bit verbose tonight. Comes with Sequestration, Quarantine or what ever you want to call it. I di not see any new numbers today, but we learned from the LTC Facility, that the MIL has the Covid - 19 Virus...Supposedly, a mild case...(For some perverse reason, we are not surprised).
Today, they also added additional symptoms that might indicate you may have been infected.

Meanwhile, the Governor has ordered State Parks and Golf courses opened by next Tuesday, and The Township is opening parks on Saturday...
Can the beaches be far behind? So, is it all about over, or are we just going to ignore it now, after being obsessed wit it for the last seven weeks or so????

Chet, nice photos, Curt, thanks. Nice progress on the interior of the mine. Garry: Nice photos of your bench work. Good carpentry! Bob: Happy Birthday! I'm sure I missed someone, so I'm sorry. The volume here is great, with lots of diverse interest.

BTW: The crossover build failed! :(. The 19° crossing is nothing like the ones pictured in the articles. Upon re-reading, the articles features code 100
elements. There is too much plastic on the code 83 crossing. I am going back to plan B, which is a pair of separate crossovers. This is the junction, between the two freight lines, and the passenger terminal viaduct. This way, I'll be able to maintain code 70 trackage instead of using code 83.

I think I'll save the photos for the May 1 Coffee Shop.

later.

Boris & all: Per Dr. Shiva, with four MIT degrees - (
)
one in microbiology and the immune system of the human body if I remember correctly etc. He states it's very important to get enough Vitamin A; at least 5,000/10,000 uints of D3 and enough Vit. C.

I also read that if a person had any vacancie in the last ten years they would test positive for the Carona virus due to all the crap they mix in injection.

Dr.Shiva also has another video exposing Anthony Fauci et. Al's ulterior motive to scare individuals into thinking they need to be vacinated but it's loaded with deadly crap.

My suggestion is to listen to Dr. Shiva and keep your immune system healthy and let it function naturally.

Stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back