Running Bear's April 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikey- I'm going to have 2 mines on the layout. Nice looking trucks.
Curt- I do short motorcycles tours near where I live. There are several surviving small mining communities with "company houses" still in use. Most are privately owned homes in good repair. Many have additions like covered porches, decks and additional rooms. Looking forward to your finished product. P.S. Thanks for the like of the trucks.

Good evening all. 50 out there. Got down to 34 last night, supposed to get into lower 30s tonight. Last gasp of winter from our neighbors to the north?!

Haven't been on the forum for a few days - sure takes a while to catch up.

Patrick, Karl, McLeod, BurlingtonBob, Flip, Sherrel, Tom, and anyone I may have missed - thanks for the likes and comments on my last post.
Willie - nice work on those buildings.
Garry - greetings, friend. I like seeing your photos of your layout. The grade crossings are instructive.

Have a good evening everyone.

Good evening, y'all. I did nothing that I had planned. Spent considerable time in the train room, though. Todays Corona Virus count is 346 in the Township, 4003 in the county. What's encouraging is that the township total is only four more than yesterday... To paraphrase the old cavalry movies, Mask and Gloves at 0800 tomorrow.

Terry: Not for nothing, but that's a smart move on your part. Nothing to be ashamed of either. Good luck, my friend. BTW, your constant companion, Murphy, thrives on stress. Eliminate the stress, and Murphy leaves.
Curt: that's a lot of new Walthers Cornerstone buildings to keep you occupied.
Chet: Like your Cruise photos. That's why I was a ground pounder.:rolleyes: I made a crossing of the Chesapeake Bay in rough seas on a harbor tug, once! Miraculously, my stomach behaved...I have nothing but respect for those that sailed those rough seas as a matter of course.
Willie: Amazing what one can do with those old Tyco, and Model Power kits...
Garry: Like your layout. The access hatch is well done.

Todays photo, is familiar to all of you who have built the Atlas passenger station. i'ts located at Gladstone, on the old DL&W, (EL), in the '70s. I have noticed that the prototypes of most Atlas structures, are located in Jersey. RMC's recent Commuter based modular layout featured this location, and photos of the structure after modernization by NJT. it has evolved over the years.

Gladstone Station E-L RR 1970s.jpg

MIL called the wife today...she "claims" she didn't know she had a daughter...or family. Scary stuff, if true. Although she has claimed this in the past, and has a tendency to embellish...So far, she has managed to avoid infection by the Corona Virus...although there is an outbreak where she is in LTC.

Good Morning Everyone.....sunny in Wisconsin and cool.

Headed back down to the Trains soon. Never ran that train of Kadee cars yesterday. Not sure of what's on the schedule, my "to Do" is empty for today. I was thinking that I have to paint the trip pins on the ore cars a Grimy Black and the tips a silver color. Sounds ike a lot of work, but may add to the realistic appearance of the cars. This is something that Cody from Model Railroad should suggest.

I really should find out what's wrong with my spell check. I re-read my postings and words have been changed or misspelled when I know what I originally posted. It could be the auto adjust isn't working correctly. Maybe I'll ask my neighbor who an IT guy for hire for corporations.

Going to make a list of things I need and tomorrow I'll make an order to have the items shipped, especially if I'm going to be struck in the house for another month.

Down to the trains.

Greg

#################
Greg- did you get any snow down south? We got about 5-6 inches up here on Resurrection Sunday, followed by on & off snow showers the last 2 days. Big change from the mid 50’s on Saturday.

Set a new record yesterday of 92*. Today ONLY got to91*
Haven't gotten to the lawn yet- to darn lazy.
As BORIS said , Mask and Gloves tomorrow. DEB has started a list. If I go early , the trucks won't have been there yet. If I go after 2 , ??? who knows ?
Hope all are doing well. Remember- THIS TOO WILL PASS.
Prayers for all
Phil

Curt- I do short motorcycles tours near where I live. There are several surviving small mining communities with "company houses" still in use. Most are privately owned homes in good repair. Many have additions like covered porches, decks and additional rooms. Looking forward to your finished product. P.S. Thanks for the like of the trucks.
For six months or so, I lived in Shenandoah, PA. This was back in the late 60s or early 70s, and they had recently filmed the movie The Molly McGuires (Sean Connery and Richard Harris) in the area. The film company had completely rebuilt a mid-19th century coal mining community just north of Hazelton (it's now apparently a state park). Just about everybody had been an extra of some sort, and there were all kinds of stories about how much Harris and Connery could drink and still show up for work in the morning. If you're ever in the area, might make an interesting stopover.

Garry, even if a commercially available crossing looks better (it doesn't), you can't compete with being something you did with your own two hands.
Whenever I try to scratchbuild something, it usually looks like it was built by an epileptic gorilla that failed art class.

Terry- you sound like me. That’s why I opt for the assembled structures over the kits. Anytime I try making kits, they look like a kindy-gardner built them, maybe a 4K. 😂

Good evening, y'all. I did nothing that I had planned. Spent considerable time in the train room, though. Todays Corona Virus count is 346 in the Township, 4003 in the county. What's encouraging is that the township total is only four more than yesterday... To paraphrase the old cavalry movies, Mask and Gloves at 0800 tomorrow.

Terry: Not for nothing, but that's a smart move on your part. Nothing to be ashamed of either. Good luck, my friend. BTW, your constant companion, Murphy, thrives on stress. Eliminate the stress, and Murphy leaves.
Curt: that's a lot of new Walthers Cornerstone buildings to keep you occupied.
Chet: Like your Cruise photos. That's why I was a ground pounder.:rolleyes: I made a crossing of the Chesapeake Bay in rough seas on a harbor tug, once! Miraculously, my stomach behaved...I have nothing but respect for those that sailed those rough seas as a matter of course.
Willie: Amazing what one can do with those old Tyco, and Model Power kits...
Garry: Like your layout. The access hatch is well done.

Todays photo, is familiar to all of you who have built the Atlas passenger station. i'ts located at Gladstone, on the old DL&W, (EL), in the '70s. I have noticed that the prototypes of most Atlas structures, are located in Jersey. RMC's recent Commuter based modular layout featured this location, and photos of the structure after modernization by NJT. it has evolved over the years.

View attachment 46593

MIL called the wife today...she "claims" she didn't know she had a daughter...or family. Scary stuff, if true. Although she has claimed this in the past, and has a tendency to embellish...So far, she has managed to avoid infection by the Corona Virus...although there is an outbreak where she is in LTC.

Joe- I’m not the least bit surprised that most Atkas structures seem to be based on 1:1 buildings based in NJ- seeing as how theiy’re(yes, intentionally misspelled to trip up the grammar police) based in Hillside.

Finally got around to doing the taxes. Getting a pretty good refund for the first time in several years. Now, between that, our stimulus checks and the inheritance from the two mothers, we should be ok for the rest of our lives. We won't be rich, by any means, but as long as we can keep the credit cards under control, we should be pretty comfortable.

You can tell how long we've been in quarantine: Our new Keurig showed up today and I brewed up some Irish coffee. Have to pick up the wife's insulin tomorrow at the drive-through pharmacy, then stop off at the neighborhood latino grocery store (fewer customers - they usually have toilet paper). While I'm doing that, wifey will be waiting for the repairman; in one day, the Keurig died, the clothes and dishwashers both blew gaskets and the handle pulled off the oven door.

FB_IMG_1586142408460.jpg
FB_IMG_1586877279462.jpg
FB_IMG_1586547272132.jpg

Finally got around to doing the taxes. Getting a pretty good refund for the first time in several years. Now, between that, our stimulus checks and the inheritance from the two mothers, we should be ok for the rest of our lives. We won't be rich, by any means, but as long as we can keep the credit cards under control, we should be pretty comfortable.

You can tell how long we've been in quarantine: Our new Keurig showed up today and I brewed up some Irish coffee. Have to pick up the wife's insulin tomorrow at the drive-through pharmacy, then stop off at the neighborhood latino grocery store (fewer customers - they usually have toilet paper). While I'm doing that, wifey will be waiting for the repairman; in one day, the Keurig died, the clothes and dishwashers both blew gaskets and the handle pulled off the oven door.

View attachment 46594
Do you know what you give the man that has everything?

A round of antibiotics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back