Lost your password? Here's how to get help.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Just post a reply here, and I'll post it... Just kidding, and besides if you're not logged in, you can't post.

Here's what to do. Click on "Log In" and a User Name and Password field screen will pop up. Directly below where the password goes, you'll see a "forgot password" link. Click that and the forum will send you info on how to reset your password. No worries, it's all automated, I'll never even know it happened. Besides, lots of folks forget them, not a big deal.

Not to be a sticker for details (rivet counting), but that does not help you remember your password, it reset's it.

I had to use the one I had previous to the hacking on Yahoo. That worked, but I'll do another change later.

Well -- I was fortunate enough to remember mine, but WTF happened?
We switched the forum to SSL, the new secure protocol. See the nifty little padlock in your browser bar now? When we did, that required everyone to log in again, as the old cookies were no longer valid. Don’t you just hate stale cookies? Once you log in, things will go back to normal.

Not to be a sticker for details (rivet counting), but that does not help you remember your password, it reset's it.
Not sure where I suggested we’d help you remember it. I can’t even remember my own, LOL. It does say “Forgot password?” as in “Have you forgotten your password?”
You’re right though, it resets it. You cannot retrieve your old one. I cannot retrieve it, not even by directly accessing the database. It’s stored in some kind of encrypted format. It can use that to check your entry, but it can’t be extracted from it. So even if you use the same password everywhere, you’re safe. But don’t do that.

Back