Running Bear's March 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Social distancing and common sense should be used everywhere except in certain areas where lockdown is necessary.
Willie- The key words in your statement are COMMON SENSE" and I see thoughtlessness of people's habit whenever I have to go out.

Bob- Great transition and the coffee shop came up in the world!

Thanks to all the people who liked my gas station photo. (If you didn't like it, thanks for not saying so. )
I have had some problems with decals and signage. I'll talk more later when I have a solution and an updated photo.

Last edited:
Anotheer pic I took during my travels when I was an over thr road truc
more....notice the weight of these giant rolls.....

Another pic I took during my travels when I was an over the road driving the truck....

Attachments

• IMG00066-20101022-1833.jpg
    IMG00066-20101022-1833.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 139
I need help! I can't figure out how to edit my location info from central Illinois to east central Tennessee. I used to be able to do something like that easily, but now I don't know if it's the result of a senior moment or a change in the software. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Bob - After logging on, click on your name near the upper right hand corner. Then click on account details and go to the fifth field down, "location". Edit away.

Good evening...Been busy painting cars and doing inventory. Got a box of cars to sell, I'll take to the club one of these day to see if anyone is interested.
Came across this video,news from India,explains a lot how the virus got spread. New York is the hot spot and International airport brought it in.

I need help! I can't figure out how to edit my location info from central Illinois to east central Tennessee. I used to be able to do something like that easily, but now I don't know if it's the result of a senior moment or a change in the software. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Simplest way? Tell that other Bob and he'll fix it for you. It's updated now, let me know if you want any other edits.

Good evening...Been busy painting cars and doing inventory. Got a box of cars to sell, I'll take to the club one of these day to see if anyone is interested.
Came across this video,news from India,explains a lot how the virus got spread. New York is the hot spot and International airport brought it in.

It entered at multiple points. Here in Seattle the culprit was a nursing home. Somebody likely brought it in from China, we have (had) a lot of people travelling to and from Asia to the Pacific NW.

The nursing home was full of the highest risk possible patients. Elderly, most with underlying health issues, that's why they were there in the first place. Then the nursing home admitted that they didn't realize it was COVID-19 (They had the first US case) and that they did everything in the worst possible way. I won't go into details as I don't want to get them wrong, but basically it's like one of the cruise ships. They spread the virus to the entire facility. A facility full of fragile elderly people. The results are heart breakingly catastrophic. Currently 35 deaths in that one facility.

EvergreenHealth Kirkland
As of March 24, 2 p.m., there have been 177 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since our first two confirmed cases on Friday, Feb. 28.

35 of these patients have died.

26 patients* who were inpatients (tested COVID-19 +) were well enough to be discharged from EvergreenHealth inpatient care.

60 patients who were seen at EvergreenHealth Emergency Departments and tested positive for COVID-19 were well enough to be discharged.

*Previously, we were reporting on COVID-19 + or under investigation. Moving forward, we’ll be reporting on COVID-19 + patients who were well enough to be discharged.

And we're back... If you were on at 7:00 PM Pacific Time, you may have noticed a brief outage. Xenforo supports emojis (which are different than smilies) and they weren't working on the new server. I have to adjust the DB a bit. That meant closing the place for a moment while I did the updates.

And now we can do this: 😂🤣😅

And this: 🚂 🚋🚟🚞🚄🚝🚅🚈

Hmm, hope this is a good idea. :)

While you're puzzling over that, and SD40-2 #250 came up previously, it's story, which I've referred to before, is this. "It, while still owned by BN (#6377) and 2 LMX units were set loose in Livingston MT on 10/31/87, 2 hours after MRL's startup, by vandals. The units were wrecked on Bozeman Pass. Photo shows Loco in happier times
1585101441438.png

It was then purchased by MRL and sent to LRC for a complete rebuild, with parts including the superstructure, and the cab, sourced from CRI&P GP40 #392 (behind #265 in picture 1975)
1585101941357.png

#250 entered MRL service on 8/25/89 in the early Livery
1585102179562.png

Note the lack of an overhang on the rear of the cab's roof and no water level viewing glass on the long hood, which differentiates it from other production SD40-2's because of that ex GP40 parts.

Last edited:
Howdy ..

Bob ..... A couple of things...... Because you noticed my photo of my rural grain elevator, I started a thread for it in Structures and Buildings.

Thank you for the grain elevator post, it looks great! I replied there as well, that's exactly what I had in mind for that post.

Also, Several weeks ago, I tried to change my settings because I do not want to receive and email to notify me if I get a private message. I don't know how to do that. .... I definitely do not want email notifications. ..

In your user settings, go to preferences. Uncheck the box that says "Receive email when a new conversation message is received"

That said, you don't need to bother, I've already updated it on your account. However, in case anyone else has the same question, that's how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back