Dullcote Thinner?

Myowngod

Pennsy Tuscan Red Blood
I've used the spray version of dullcote before, but I just got a bottle of the liquid Testors Dullcote and I want to use an airbrush to apply it. What is the best thing to thin it with? I have a Testors Aztek airbrush and all the different tips available.

Thanks for the help

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, That's what I thought. I just wanted to see if anyone had found any tricks at this, because with the Polly Scale paints I use car windshield washer fluid. It's alot cheaper: 1Gal=$1.50 for washer fluid or 4oz=$3.99 for Polly Scale thinner. (prices may vary) It's the same stuff... can you say rip-off.

Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the same stuff... can you say rip-off.

Exactly. For Model Master paints, I generally use their thinner, but for applying lacquer, I just use regular lacquer thinner. I buy it in a large can that lasts for years.

I barely use any thinner with Dullcote. Be careful and don't add too much. Its nothing like paint really.

I airbrush it at full strength and use laquer thinner to clean up. I don't like to use it, since I use all acrylic paints (water cleanup), so I do multiple jobs at one time.

Bill

Back