Running Bear's January 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, America! Woke up to a temp of 19, with a high of 32 today. Calling for a big change for the next three or four days. Temps up to 50 or so, with heavy rain, then changing to snow. Come on, Spring!

Terry- Good to hear your wife is home. Hope her knee heals well also.

Willie - Sure like that grain elevator. There would not have been anything like that around in the time period or location that I could have justified putting one in,. I had thought of it though.

Chet- A grain elevator like Willies' should be fine if you left off the steel grain bin and loaded box cars instead of covered hoppers. The first concrete cylindrical elevators were built in the late 1890's. https://buffaloah.com/h/elev/hist/3/ And there's always the "just because" rationalization!:)

I've got to run, I'm going to try a new approach to my time management. I don't type the fastest, so I have been trying just popping in several times a day to try to keep caught up. We'll see how well that works out!

Stay safe and have a great day.

Weeeel ... Doggies! After being 76 and 77 the past two days, only supposed to reach 62 today with sunny clear skies; however, tomorrow brings still lower temps and snow in the higher elevations. I doubt that it will reach us here, but you never know.

Morning FlO -- How about a big plate full of Mel's biscuits and gravy with a couple sausage patties?

I need to try and accomplish something today.
Willie -- My CRS is showing this morning -- do you have a powered tiller for turning over your garden?

In other news (if you can believe it) these people must stay awake at night trying to figure out how to f^^k up everyone's life. There is a proposal in the Statehouse to ban all gasoline powered lawn equipment. I am sure that it won't go anywhere, but -- REALLY?

Good morning. Looks like today will be the last warm (?) day we'll have for a while. 36 degrees to start the day and we should get up into the mid 40 again before the night time temps go sub zero.

Terry - Glad that your finally have your wife back home. Hope she's comfortable and that you have all of the medication and insurance worked out. Ouch on the Co Pay.

Karl _ I with your about that station being a good candidate for a Walthers Kit. Ray had an idea for it being a nice place for a model railroad club. We don't have enough people around for a club. There are only six of us who are full time members at the club in Livingston. When I went to take the photo of the station one of the guys at the lumber yard next door warned me that if any railroad people found me out on the tracks that htey would chew my ##s out. I told him whit what I have done in the past ant at my age the best they could do was to jump in the middle and bark at the edges.

Sherrel - I will have to agree with your mechanic friend. I also would never consider a Dodge pick up, even a new one.

Ray - Those fires are at a level probably never seen before. I have seen that there were a few days with moisture, but no where near enough and with hot dry weather in the forecast.

Greg - Good luck with the light project.

Willie - Nice to see that the feed mill has found a permanent home on the layout. I am aware that there were large grain elevators made with concrete in the 50's, but there wasn't enough grain farmers in this area to need a large elevator like that.

Patrick - I do have grades on my layout, one at two and a half percent. It does add some interest.

Johnny - Like the photo of your layout. Nice.

Back to the archives for a photo. Here's an old Bachmann consolidation on the scratch built turntable given to me by a good friend.

IMAG0871.jpg

IMAG0866.jpg

Later

Well my snow day came to an end today. Back to business as usual. Put my snow day to good use though. Did a deep clean of my track and was up running trains for awhile yesterday. Felt good to actually build a train at actual slow speeds without problems. Ofcourse I had snow removal chores too. It's been a long time since we have gotten southern snow here. Usually snow comes from the north out of Canada. With 107 accidents reported in my area yesterday I can tell it's been a good long while since we have had a snow like this. One where it doesn't matter if you have 4 wheel drive or not. Anyways I have some more C&O geeps to share with yall.
normal_V90_northbound_at_95_Crossover_with_the_CO_5828.jpg
109de93bed320d0c1359ed3b4e490a8b.jpg
f521117931c25361552b49aa31d0367c.jpg
996-63856v0_20150506.jpg

Howdy

Johnny ... Happy birthday tomorrow.

Willie ... Majestic Hardware looks fantastic.

Terry... you mentioned Humana Medicare Part D . I have used them and also Express Scripts. All Part D plans get confusing with deductibles, Copays, tiers, donut hole, catastrophic coverage, etc.

Johnnie- Signs for upper floor businesses is an easy way to add humor and detail to your layout that makes people take notice.
A couple examples are: Swyndall and Cheetham - Bookkeeping; Barron Woods - Septic Tank Cleaning: my old urologist was Seth Poole.
I'm sure Sherrel can add a few more names for you.

Mikey - Yes, the list goes on forever, doesn't it. I remember a Three Stooges episode where they were "Dewey, Cheetham, and Howe"!! They were lawyers, I think.

Afternoon All,

Went over to daughters house, changed out the 2 thermostats and heating element. During assembly I realized that one of the pully wheels that is used to turn the drum was bad. The inner sleeve was partially pulled out and it was melted on the end. I ordered another one at the store but it won't be in until late tomorrow so I won't finish the repair until Friday. Dumpster was delivered and the roof replacement starts tomorrow.

Terry- I'm glad Marie is back home.

Willie- Great looking hardware store.

Johnny- Happy early birthday and nice layout shot.

Chet- I really like the industrial look of the TT bridge.

Justin- Nice 1:1 photos.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good morning all. 51 and overcast. Looking for lots of rain tomorrow with flooding, then snow and/or ice on Saturday.

Today's my birthday - number 72. Got the day off work (with pay) today but will have to run a dozen errands around town.

BBob, TexasHobo, Tom, Sherrel, Patrick, Flip, Jim, IBKen, Garry, Chad, Roofintrash, Wheeler, Curt, Willie, Chet, and anyone I may have missed - thanks for the likes and comments on my aerial post yesterday and for the birthday wishes.

Here's a photo of the birthday card my co-workers gave me - that's what I get for working with a bunch of weirdos!! They all wrote short notes inside.

Bday card from co-workers.jpg

Have a good day everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back