Amtrak Cascades

I want to model the Amtrak cascades, but the Talgo set from E-R models doesnt have the fins at each end. Any thoughts on anything related, from scratchbuilding to painting the final model, are appreciated!

I'd assume that kitbashing by adding the fins would semi-work. Ted should be relying, he bought the ER models ones.

Yea, theoretically adding fins and paint should do it, but my problem is How do I build the fins? In fact, I think that the fins are the only difference between the european version and the American version.

i hit up your site, by the way, and bought a snowplow for another of my locos, i was kinda confused right at the end, it didnt say what the item was, just that it cost $2.50 and $2.50 S&H...

Yea, theoretically adding fins and paint should do it, but my problem is How do I build the fins? In fact, I think that the fins are the only difference between the european version and the American version.

Have you thought of using sheet styrene. When I have done modifications or kitbashing, it is what I have used. All you have to do is get some pics of the fins, figure out the measurements and then your on your way.

I hope this helps?!

Chris

Back