It Never Fails

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart

You know U can run your trains for months & the minute a group comes over the derailments start. Train wrecks, couplers pulled out of socket & shorts.
It's a shame the trains don't run on time for friends only yourself.:D

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno, I think i'd be worse if you couldn't get it to run good, then your friends stop by, peer pressure you into "test running" one of their units, and it works fine...

I was lucky, for the open house, I didn't have issues (one broken Kadee) and we ran for HOURS.
Now, the next Monday, a buddy brought his dad in (who drove down from Wisconsin) and WHAM, derailments and deadspots, engines running oddly and so forth. I am just thankful it was like that for him and not the open house!!!!

That Dump truck is 1/64th, but it looked like I could use it on the layout, so, I got it. About a year ago the state was working on the highway reconstruction & those trucks were used. They were huge. The guy that drove one was real short & had to have a step ladder to get to the 1st step to get to the cab & everyone else had to stretch to get up on the ladder.
Also, when I worked in West Virginia in 1988 the coal mines were just starting to get these babies shipped in for their mines. Some of them had extra tall tires added for better clearance & they had a ladder ext. added. Just a few tidbits about these giant trucks.

Larry

Ken, You can now order any of this stuff off of Walmart.com & they will ship it to the store in your town w/no shipping charges. It's called Site to Store & in some stores it has already started & the rest like mine starts May 15th.
I think it's a great service since WM did away w/the Layaway dept. You still have to pay for it ahead of time. If you need a bar code to order it, let me know & I will get it for U.

Larry

Back