Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

I'm bored thinking about wiring so I've decided to build the right side of the layout. No cardboard strips this time; I will be using folded newspaper. It is free from my neighbors so I have more than enough. So each mountain or hill will be filled with paper.
DSC00089.JPG

Leave an outlet for pulling out the newsprint, otherwise, it will smell like "old newspapers" after a while.
Are you doing hardshell? I would label that "crumpled" rather than "folded"?

JIM -- I honestly cannot remember if it was 2-3 cabins, but I am going to say it was 2?
Once again - that is some awesome modeling ... I love all the bridges!

Have to go back and look - I forget the size that you are making this?

BIG DAY! Friday the 13th; what could go wrong? I decided to gird my loins get this turnout done. I did it. My little Porter goes through the turnout all ways and all directions. I powered the isolated frog as well otherwise it would stop most of the time; not enough pickup. So, on this unlikely day it all works. Thanks to all you helpers.
DSC00139 (2).JPG

I knew what you meant....I just have a heck of a lot of my layout before I'm ready to begin. While I have many model building and car kits, I don't have much for landscape material. Plaster cloth is basically cast material (like broken limb casts). I'm just adding it to my list of needed supplies.

So far I like your layout.

A good detective would know that this layout is built on casters so it can be turned around; so there is no answer to your question. I have a question: Did you take my third cabin or did I only have two?
Well...I flatly deny taking it so does that save me a journey? I could just plump in with Sherrel and say there was only two. But I'll try to help you out. Casters. Isn't that a bunch of fishermen on a riverbank?

Back